• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

The best thing the club could do is extend AK's contract for at least 1 more season so it puts any doubts about he's commitment next season to bed and also doesn't give the players the typical excuse of downing tools because of the uncertainty of the manager...

I am so fed up and annoyed I will say right now I'm not going to enjoy next season one bit unless it finishes with us getting promoted.. The fact we blew promotion this season during the regular season against poor teams like Blackpool, Blackburn, Leeds etc has got me really angry this morning.

Imo, We will never have a better chance of promotion than the one that has just finished, Next season I think our squad will be weaker plus the uncertainty I mentioned above.. I am not looking forward to next season at all.

I have no intentions of posting again until at the earliest we are in preseason.

The best thing the club could do is extend AK's contract for at least 1 more season so it puts any doubts about he's commitment next season to bed and also doesn't give the players the typical excuse of downing tools because of the uncertainty of the manager...

I am so fed up and annoyed I will say right now I'm not going to enjoy next season one bit unless it finishes with us getting promoted.. The fact we blew promotion this season during the regular season against poor teams like Blackpool, Blackburn, Leeds etc has got me really angry this morning.

Imo, We will never have a better chance of promotion than the one that has just finished, Next season I think our squad will be weaker plus the uncertainty I mentioned above.. I am not looking forward to next season at all.

I have no intentions of posting again until at the earliest we are in preseason.

That's a bold statement NB. You telling me that you'll have nothing to say about possible ins and outs of the transfer window? :P

Nothing you could do about our sublime second though. Unplayable when we fizz about like that in midfield. Such crisp, short, sharp passing and movement. Lovely stuff. Possibly/probably the best team goal I've seen this season (there's another candidate at home a few months back but can't recall which of the top of my weary head).

That guy - Dynamo Kev - I picked up on in this thread who claimed AN a tactically deficient bottler and our team lacking in strength of character... Need I say more?

well i was completely wrong, our team bottled it. i still dont like AN he's a chunt. as for the way you passed the ball early on, brilliant. we were just ball watching as you were pinging it around. that second goal was a very good build up. in contrast to our build up play, which seemed in slow motion. its no wonder we kept gong side to side. by the time we switch sides, you moved over. so we switched sides again. 'oh no space, lets switchsides again' shocking really.

the main players i was concerned about howson, johnson and hoolahan controlled the middle. all very good players. they won the game for you. jerome capatilised on errors and redmond was on the end of some quailty build up. well dont to them.

this is a boro forum so in such a big game, you have o tak your team up and knock the opposition. thats how it is right? :)

well done norwich best team won(convincingly). Your a proper club like us, with proper fans. Wish you well next year in the premier league. imo you are better than the others who went up, you have a more all round game and better quality throughout the team and will finish above watford and bournemouth next season, quite comfortably imo. you were a good prem side until the season you went down, that blip has passed and you'll establish yourselves again.

I've not read through the thread yet so this has probably all been said already. But hey Ho.

First off: Dear Lord the traffic in London was horrendous. We got 2 miles away from wembley at about 1pm. It took us about 2 1/2 hours to do those remaining 2 miles to the car park. No chance for us to walk the wembley way then! :-/

Then we got up to our seats near the top of the south stand. Wow. Wembley takes your breath away in both senses of the phrase (so many steps!). But the stadium was incredible. And the view was great from up at the top there.

The start of the game promised so much, both teams hitting the woodwork early on. Then two swift sicker punches left us reeling. We looked nervous i thought, and the individual errors looked nervous errors. It looked to me like we'd set up to keep it at 0-0 and nick a goal on the counter. Obviously that went out of the windows and we just had nothing else in our lockers. They frustrated us and kept lots of men behind the ball. Alby kept getting to the byline and whipping balls in to the penalty area... Whilst the rest of the Middlesbrough team were languishing on the half way line. No real impetus about us.

As I said in the other thread it just had the feel of a game we were never going to get back into. AN had clearly learned his lesson from our last game! He took our gameplan and added an extra goal to it.

Now all of the above I can just about deal with, but £8.20 for chicken nuggets at half time?!?! Delia Smith better have home reared the chickens, sang each of thema personalised lullaby every night, rung their necks and hand cooked the buggers herself.

The journey home was a lot longer than the journey there. Absolutely gutting realising it wasn't just a game we lost, it was the chance to escape the slog of the championship. It'll be another long year!

Still can't wrap my head around how poor we were yesterday. It was also a bit of a letdown for the game to be over after only 15 minutes. For us to come back after 1 goal this season is almost impossible and to come back from 2 goals was just never going to happen and the entire boro end (and team) knew that.

Still can't wrap my head around how poor we were yesterday. It was also a bit of a letdown for the game to be over after only 15 minutes.

I jokingly said to my cousin after 42 seconds "well, at least the game isn't over this time"....should have delayed it. Worst feeling in football - knowing you've lost a final

Devastated. Don't think I'll be able to recover from this until we go up again which I really can't see happening now for at least a few seasons. This was our best shot. After going two goals down I knew it was all over. If only that Vossen effort creeped in....

Just trying to come to terms with what I saw and the reasons etc and it's pretty tough.

We were second-best most of the game and so don't need to gift them their first. Is it just me that thinks Ayala was fouled by CJ? Watching the replays Jerome tries to get the ball, misses it and trips Ayala. The ref made some poor calls I felt, thankfully no big ones, but little things that kept robbing us of any meagre momentum we built.

I'm also amazed we didn't try to rough them up a bit ala our other successful away showings. The only yellow we got was vossen for diving (Haven't seen that on back yet, it seems as though he was looking for it, but I couldn't tell if there was contact).

I hope this is the last we see of Bamford in a boro shirt. He's really not up for the battle when not fully fit, and he hasn't been since 20 mins into the last norwich match. Yesterday he was very poor. Within 5 minutes of coming on Kike had held up more and done more than Bamford all match but Vossen was the player replaced?? Does anyone get that at all? I think AK has a blind spot concerning Bamford, One positive for me to come of it is that he won't have been on the bus back. Really think Kike should have started and Bamford as a (no)impact sub.

Norwich pressed us high and leadbitter and clayton just sat deeper and deeper. Some of those sideways passes were on the verge of getting cut out, it was just a matter of time before we got caught on the ball. Like I said, no protection from the ref at all, the number of times Leadbitter or Clayton were caught after offloading was quite high but never picked up on. Fair play to norwich, it's what we should have been doing.

George was awesome, truly awesome. Adomah was nearly awesome, it's just that final ball. I wonder if we'll have either next season. Certainly George could play in the PL, but he's 27 so needs to get there asap. I'd be gutted, but have no complaints if those two left, I think they deserve a crack at it before they get too old.

After that first crazy 20 minutes we looked much sounder in defence, but it was notable that norwich had begun to drop a bit. Aside from not booting it when he should have Ayala and Gibbo did well, I'd like to see gibbo beef up a bit this summer and he's going to get better anyway.

Whitehead for Nsue was a good switch and got us forwards more, but final balls into the box all day long were poor (even from lead bitter who struggled to beat the first man from set-pieces.

Vossen worked his socks off and was an example to Tomlin and Bamford, Tomlin had some opportunties but tried for nutmegs at the moment he should have passed and just kept making the wrong decision each time. He is in no way suited to tracking back and tackling, that was a big weakness for us.

I wouldn't begrudge our best players for moving on and like many have said it will be hard enough to get out of the division next season anyway so it'll be interesting to see the squad at the beginning of next. We need more goals and i don't personally think Jordan Rhodes (or any one player) would have made a difference yesterday. It needs to be a bigger collective contribution and output from Vossen, Tomlin and Kike, but are they capable and will they be here?

Just a bad day at the office, the bus being late probably didn't help, and set the tone for our day sadly.

Highlight of my day was playing with a bunch of boro fans outside the Ibis hotel playing boot the football as high as you can and see who can header it! Loads of oooooohs and waayhaaayas and jester hats and beer flying everywhere!! Especially when the Ibis security guard came out and tried to confiscate the ball…

It's only football lads, we'll be back stronger next season with Karanka's increased knowledge and experience... (I BELIEVE)

Still can't wrap my head around how poor we were yesterday. It was also a bit of a letdown for the game to be over after only 15 minutes.

I jokingly said to my cousin after 42 seconds "well, at least the game isn't over this time"....should have delayed it. Worst feeling in football - knowing you've lost a final

I said exactly the same thing after 42 seconds, at least I had 12 minutes of hope, at Wembley this time around.

When Vossen hit the bar, I commented that I hoped that wasn't our "Viduka moment" it kind of was.

Norwich started strongly and I felt that we never got our heads around being pressed so early on. Even our more experienced players were treating the ball like a hot potato, in the first 10 minutes. It never looked on for us.

On the walk into the stadium, I saw a pile of £20 notes on the floor and asked if anyone had dropped them, no one had, but a couple of boro lads grabbed them acting as if it was Christmas.

At half time my son looked devastated, I tried to remain philosophical, pointing out to him, that there was 1 person in the Boro end who was more upset than us, the poor guy who's team was 2 nil down in a play-off final and had also lost his £100 spending money.

He replied, "Dad we should have kept the money, I could have put it towards a new laptop" sometimes, you can't win, can you?

Right had a sleep, heads still pounding here goes.

Awful, absolutely awful performance. First goal was going to be key and starting quicker out of the blocks was needed. We managed neither. Have we came back from behind to win this season at all?

We started tippy tappy but without any real threat. Offered very little, Bamford clearly wasn't fit, didn't manage a touch in the first 20 minutes did he?, as we constantly lumped the ball over to him or passed it badly down the wings. Fair to say we got it completely wrong. Tomlin, what a waste of a place, did his disappearing act again as has done so often.

Do think Dimi could, possibly should have done a bit better on the first at his near post. All in all though, was pretty much a game of nothing apart from 2 goals.

Good day out though, but it had something missing, the feeling of the cup final at Cardiff was not there, it felt very different in the build up to the game. Guess we'll struggle to fit everyone in the Riverside next season now though!

Would also like to thank the ticket office woman (although maybe she could have done me a favour :)), as I, like a muppet lost my ticket getting off the bus and feared the worst. Went to ticket office and explained it, and she kindly printed me a new one, although in hindsight, maybe it was better if she didn't :)

The whole believe campaign was quite good though, fair play to the idea and all those behind it

#believe2016

I think Ayala Dimi and Gibson could have done better for the first goal. Ayala tripped and then stopped Dimi didnt cover his near post and for me Gibson should have come to close him down but ended up running the other way.

Its disappointing to see Gibson Ayala Woodgate and Kalas who overall have made good contributions for us this season happened to have their nightmare games in the 3 big games this season. Kalas and Gibson vs Bournemouth, Woodgate vs Watford and Ayala vs Norwich.

To be honest through gritted teeth the best 3 went up this year if you look at Norwich since Neil came in. We were a clear 4th though and I really think we could storm the Championship next season.

Burnley generally played with a championship team this season and will lose Ings. Hull could be a make or break season they seem to have had a fair few off field problems throughout the season and I feel they could easily go the Fulham way. QPR will lose Austin it will be interesting to see what the football league will do (no doubt bottle it) they look a team of individuals and deservedly got relegated. Its a knock back but we will be back like Arnie.

Also we won 5-2 on aggregate thats the real quiz ;)

Really disappointing day but one that we need to learn lessons from. People will probably disagree but we have a soft underbelly that needs to be dealt with. our attitude and application when we go a goal down is criminal.

Karanka needs to learn how to change a game and if we are to be successful next season needs a plan b not a plan a.2. I know I've said that all season.

Going to be a long summer