oneBoro Forum

Boro v Norwich (Wembley) Play Off Final 0-2

I have a couple of mates who shall we say are armchair fans They text me after the game and said bet you regret going ... No I bloody don't yes we all no we didn't turn up but people like that who live close should put their hand in their pockets before commenting .. we now get on with it and see what happens next year

• Replies 781
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a couple of mates who shall we say are armchair fans They text me after the game and said bet you regret going ... No I bloody don't yes we all no we didn't turn up but people like that who live close should put their hand in their pockets before commenting .. we now get on with it and see what happens next year

Same happened with me, I've got loads of friends who are glory supporters. How sad must their life be that they wait for every opportunity the Boro get beat to try and put Boro fans down?

Same happened with me, I've got loads of friends who are glory supporters. How sad must their life be that they wait for every opportunity the Boro get beat to try and put Boro fans down?

I had one saying thats why I dont go to games. From earlier in the season one said they wont start going until the attendances go up :s

I haven't read the thread yet so I've got no idea how this post will match up with other peoples.

I want to start by saying that we had a good season with more positives than negatives but that was a really limp way to end it and that's down to Karanka in my opinion.  For as long as I'm a Boro fan I will never understand why he seems to want us to return to this cautious, slow, safety first stuff.  We're a far better team when we go at it from the the start, quick with the ball and quick without it.  You could see from the start yesterday that we were content to sit back, which brought the midfield back and left us with nowhere to go.  Pass the ball sideways and then pass the ball backwards.  Their first goal was a clear individual error but we played ourselves into trouble.  

The template for what we needed to do was shown in the Wolves game and the first 20 mins at Carrow road in particular but instead we decided to play in the same way as we have in a few of our big games this season and it has cost us again as it did at Ipswich, Watford and Bournemouth and should have cost us at Brentford.  Let's face it, we've seen yesterday's game before or a very close version of it.  Add to that the pathetic way we are seemingly unable to come back when going behind and it just emphasises the need for a fast start.

This isn't the thread for it but I think we have some real thinking to do this summer about the direction this team needs to go.

Finally, all credit to Norwich, they started exactly as we should have done and fully deserved to win the game.  I think their manager learned from the game at their place, I wonder if ours will learn from yesterday.

Everyone's covered it all really. Norwich were first to everything and beasted us just like we did Brentford in leg 2. Great to meet up with many of the guys, sharing the pre match excitement in the pub and the walk up to Wembley - that was really special. It's a shame that the rest of the match went the way it did. Good few drinks after the game too with some funny 'left side' 'right side' chants outside the pub door, and some funny chants aimed at bin men and, shall we say, rather more portly Norwich fans. To top it all off, back at work today and by God I'm dog rough.

I haven't read the thread yet so I've got no idea how this post will match up with other peoples.

I want to start by saying that we had a good season with more positives than negatives but that was a really limp way to end it and that's down to Karanka in my opinion.  For as long as I'm a Boro fan I will never understand why he seems to want us to return to this cautious, slow, safety first stuff.  We're a far better team when we go at it from the the start, quick with the ball and quick without it.  You could see from the start yesterday that we were content to sit back, which brought the midfield back and left us with nowhere to go.  Pass the ball sideways and then pass the ball backwards.  Their first goal was a clear individual error but we played ourselves into trouble.  

The template for what we needed to do was shown in the Wolves game and the first 20 mins at Carrow road in particular but instead we decided to play in the same way as we have in a few of our big games this season and it has cost us again as it did at Ipswich, Watford and Bournemouth and should have cost us at Brentford.  Let's face it, we've seen yesterday's game before or a very close version of it.  Add to that the pathetic way we are seemingly unable to come back when going behind and it just emphasises the need for a fast start.

This isn't the thread for it but I think we have some real thinking to do this summer about the direction this team needs to go.

Finally, all credit to Norwich, they started exactly as we should have done and fully deserved to win the game.  I think their manager learned from the game at their place, I wonder if ours will learn from yesterday.

A totally different strategy than the one successfully adopted in the semi finals against Brentford. When you find a successful strategy it is a good idea to keep to it IMO. The main reason being that the players are comfortable with it. UTB

Norwich fan in peace…..

Just like to commiserate with you guys over the game , but congratulate your great bunch of fans for the way they conducted themselves before and after the match. We know from experience how it feels when your team seems to roll over in the games that matter (1-6 to Fulham when a draw was all that was needed to stay in the Prem a few years ago).

I couldn’t work out why the bookies were making either team favourites beforehand. If any game had 50/50 written all over it, it was this one. I always felt it would be down to the team that handled the occasion better, with the first goal giving a massive advantage (nearly sh@t myself when you hit the bar after a few minutes). In that respect it was a game between managers almost more than between players. I know many of your fans thought AK was an unbeatable genius, and that’s exactly how they should have felt given his record so far with you, but we had equal faith in AN - anyone bearing that much of a resemblance to Dobby had to have a bit of magic in the locker.

As others have pointed out, the game was almost a complete reversal of the match at Carrow Road (and I was sitting at the ‘wrong’ end for both of them), the difference being that with a 2 goal deficit I never really felt that Boro had a way back, which made the game feel a bit flat in the second half. I noticed that AK went and shook the hand of all Norwich players at the end of the game - a touch of class.

The only downer for us is that we now have to put up with at least a season of overpaid prima donnas falling over clutching their faces every time a defender so much as farts near them. I’m really going to miss the ‘proper’ football in the Championship.

Anyway lads, good luck next year. I am in no doubt that, providing you hang on to the spine of the team, you will be in the mix for promotion; just don’t leave it to the playoffs, or if you do, get a new coach driver.

p.s. I bet the bean-counters at the PL are happy we won - saved them millions in year 2 parachute payments.

Still in utter shock from yesterday.10 months of sweat, blood and tears thrown away in 90 minutes of passionless mediocrity. Yes we may bounce back and be right up there next year but we could just as easily have to wait another 6 years for a chance to make it to the elite. It was the first time that I noticed that Karanka seemed to be tactically out of his depth. No plan B. It will take me a little while to get over this as at the moment I am totally ***ed off with the lack of intent from the players and guidance from the Coaching staff yesterday. Yes great season but at the end of the day, our season was as successful as Rotheram's as we will both be playing Championship football next season. Might sound harsh and if we'd put up a fight and gone down fighting I would be singing a different tune but feel so let down from that performance.

When we lose it always seems to be because the players didnt try or we had no plan b. Sometimes the opposition just play better and stop you doing anything you want to

Stuff it to cheer myself up just ordered an Xbox one

Haha I'm impulse buying a samsung tablet at the minute to make myself a bit happier :p

Expensive business this losing!