• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

The first ten minutes were so promising as well :(

Promising because we weren't behind... I thought we looked rubbish from kick off :/

Been so depressed haven't bothered to post till now, so heartbroken we looked awful from kick off and the lads didn't turn up at all which is the worst thing I could of accepted losing as I felt Norwich were a better team than us and I didn't think we were ready for the premier league just yet but I don't regret the day at all it was amazing, the atmosphere was unbelievable never been to a big footballing occasion before, really proud to be a boro fan after Monday we out Sung Norwich all day.

Really unsure about next season, still haven't renewed my season ticket yet I'm sure I will but just want to the ins and outs first but right now not feeling good about it at all.

Promising because we weren't behind... I thought we looked rubbish from kick off :/

So did I. I had literally said to my mate as the teams were shaking hands 'whoever starts the best will win this', so when I saw Norwich start turning the screw from the off, my heart sank.

But yeah, I think that having this thread still kicking about like the spectre at the feast is not helping anyone, can it go into the archive please!? :)

So did I. I had literally said to my mate as the teams were shaking hands 'whoever starts the best will win this', so when I saw Norwich start turning the screw from the off, my heart sank.

Yeah me too.  I thought we were sitting too deep and too content to play it sideways and backwards when we had possession.

I thought it was pretty even first 10. Although maybe that is just based off the fact that we both hit the bar...

I thought it was pretty even first 10. Although maybe that is just based off the fact that we both hit the bar...

Exactly i think Vossen's shot made things seem more even than they were. I think even in possession we looked sooo nervous at the start. It's such a shame as we outplayed them twice!!

Which is systematic of the championship, on anyone day anyone can beat anyone, one of the reasons that I'm not too disheartened that we didn't go up, the championship offers more & better matches, the premiership offers money

What's wrong with playing in the championship?? I'm sick of all this premier league is the only league nonsense, I've had a cracking time this season, the best for years, the grass isn't always greener.

With you there Billy!

Okay, we've missed out on the "glamour" matches against the big guns, but lets face it, it would have been a season of survival / consolidation and there wouldn't have been a huge amount to cheer about.

Obviously I still want Boro to get there, but next season we should be looking to emulate Bournemouth and Watford...which in the short term would be a hell of a lot more exciting than grinding our way to 38 points or so in the PL.

Of course, the PL has to be the ultimate target, but another season in the Championship isn't the end of the world. We've had some bloody good games this season...we just need to ensure we have a couple extra next season. We should be that bit better prepared too.

I was saying this to a mate the other day. Battling to win the division and winning games regularly is a lot more enjoyable than battling to nick points here and there and hoping not to get relegated.

We also had our 'glamour ties' this season. The Liverpool game was huge entertainment. We beat the reigning champions of England.

It has been a great season. I have thoroughly enjoyed it. There would be some great things about being in the premiership (more money, attracting exciting players) but the championship is not the end of the world if we can keep competing at the top.

Anthony Vickers said in his article today that Boro and Norwich agreed before the game that the LOSER would take all of the gate receipts from Wembley. That should be a nice boost to our budget for the summer.

Wow - that was a nice gesture!

Suddenly I like Norwich even more and really hope they stay up next season. :D

I just hope we spend the money wisely...

Anthony Vickers said in his article today that Boro and Norwich agreed before the game that the LOSER would take all of the gate receipts from Wembley. That should be a nice boost to our budget for the summer.

Wow - that was a nice gesture!

Suddenly I like Norwich even more and really hope they stay up next season. :D

I just hope we spend the money wisely...

Wonder how much that comes to, would have thought at least a couple of million?