• Replies 781
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm all to well versed in our previous PL campaigns, I was there for every home game between 95 and 2009 and the Carling Cup final we won in South Wales, not to mention the UEFA games.

And yes one cannot deny that muddled in that time period we had what you could say were our 'glory years'.

However even from 6 seasons ago things are completely different and it really just is my personal opinion that it is nice to be able to see us winning games and having stability rather than being a bit worried about the results each week.

Do not get me wrong, I would rather be going to Old Trafford, Anfield or Stamford Bridge rather than Griffin Park for example but stepping into the PL after quite some time away is going to an experience!

Yes, when we had our odd season up, after 9 long seasons in the 2nd tier, we then had a further 6 years away (inc one at the 3rd tier for the 1st time in 49 years), so a lot had changed come our return (on both occasions). Hopefully that won't be the case this time with a minimal drop down...

Note how Wembley got the tickets wrong and ALSO more wrong information on their page about Play-off final.

Who can spot the mistake?

http://www.wembleystadium.com/Events/2015/Championship-Play-Off-Final/Championship-Play-Off-Final

Took me a while, as I was looking for faults with your info (someone mentioned a spelling mistake in your name on their tickets or something), but yes: 0-0 in our 1st leg! Howson & Anderson would disagree there...!

I hate it when people can't spell Teesside properly; we're on the side of the Tees!

Why did Norwich get more tickets than us? Albeit only 888 tickets.

I dont know why but there average crowd this yr is 6000 above ours so fair enough

I hate it when people can't spell Teesside properly; we're on the side of the Tees!

Why did Norwich get more tickets than us?  Albeit only 888 tickets.

I dont know why but there average crowd this yr is 6000 above ours so fair enough

Yeah, 6606 (according to the latest figures available), so almost a nice bit of symmetry there. Counts for f*ck all, obviously.

Gonna be meltdown at the ticket office & online in six hours time as that's when we open it up for second servings for season ticket holders & 'priority' members (bizarely after giving them a large window to order up to 8 seats for 8 ST/PM no.s and not instead offering it to casuals (and basic/standard members, if they still exist) with a customer number & recent purchases on their records).

Last I'd heard, you'd suspended your sales to account for some STs that had missed out through logjams. Is that all sorted now?

[EDIT:] It's Tuesday today. I'm thinking of 6pm Wednesday which is tomorrow. Staying up through the night is not a clever idea...

Why did Norwich get more tickets than us?  Albeit only 888 tickets.

Yeah, 6606 (according to the latest figures available), so almost a nice bit of symmetry there. Counts for f*ck all, obviously.

Gonna be meltdown at the ticket office & online in six hours time as that's when we open it up for second servings for season ticket holders & 'priority' members (bizarely after giving them a large window to order up to 8 seats for 8 ST/PM no.s and not instead offering it to casuals (and basic/standard members, if they still exist) with a customer number & recent purchases on their records).

Last I'd heard, you'd suspended your sales to account for some STs that had missed out through logjams. Is that all sorted now?

[EDIT:] It's Tuesday today. I'm thinking of 6pm Wednesday which is tomorrow. Staying up through the night is not a clever idea...

You'd like to think so it's all been sorted. Tickets go back on general sale at 1.30. There'll be another almighty scramble for tickets, think they'll sell out by the close of play today :D

Then do you reckon there'll be a mad scramble on the black market (as you were allowed up to 4 each weren't you?) and/or adults dragging kids along to get into the family area and/or clubbing together to splash out on remaining corporate boxes and/or tapping up connected neutrals who've landed one etc etc...? What was ticketing like for you last time round? I honestly can't remember how good or bad the system was for us for Cardiff in 2002. All I remember was that I was there on my tod. But there a***st us all.

Then do you reckon there'll be a mad scramble on the black market (as you were allowed up to 4 each weren't you?) and/or adults dragging kids along to get into the family area and/or clubbing together to splash out on remaining corporate boxes and/or tapping up connected neutrals who've landed one etc etc...? What was ticketing like for you last time round? I honestly can't remember how good or bad the system was for us for Cardiff in 2002. All I remember was that I was there on my tod. But there a***st us all.

One site is already selling 668 tickets in the Boro end, so it's fair to say that the touts will be getting a lot of business sadly, especially as allocations dry up and there's fans willing to pay a big lump to get to Wembley.

Forogt to add one: people mad enough to travel down (esp all the way from Boro) on the off chance that they'll meet a fan/tout outside the ground/in the pubs with a spare. My mate from Belfast flew over to Norwich for just that and managed to pick up a spare for the final league game when we slipped into the play offs by one goal back in 2002. He made it to Cardiff too. He'll also be at Wembley...

Forogt to add one: people mad enough to travel down (esp all the way from Boro) on the off chance that they'll meet a fan/tout outside the ground/in the pubs with a spare. My mate from Belfast flew over to Norwich for just that and managed to pick up a spare for the final league game when we slipped into the play offs by one goal back in 2002. He made it to Cardiff too. He'll also be at Wembley...

I know around 10-15k went over to eindhoven without tickets and very few got one

:exclamation: :huh:

I take it that was for UEFA final?

Mind you, cheap flights to Amsterdam (or ferry to Hook of Holland), no ticket, what you gonna do? Find a cafe, chill out, find a sports bar, have it, then the Dam is yours to party/commiserate... Rather Holland than some remote eastern European country miles from home.

My wife still can't believe that I'm travelling alone to meet up with DS (to her it's just a foreign guy from an internet forum) and get a ticket that's not even next to DS and his son. "So you'll be travelling all that way and spend all that money to watch a game by yourself?" Errr no, I'm watching it with 38.000 likeminded fans! She thinks it's kind of nerdy. I've been trying to explain to her the importance of the match itself and the whole experience leading up to the match, but she just drifted away. She did understand a little bit of the importance when I mentioned that the prize money was a whole lot more than the winners of the Champions League get.

Tell your wife that you're a member of the Boro family and as such, you will never watch a game by yourself.

Indeed and this will be the first match that I will not be sitting next to my son in all the time he has followed and supported Boro

I think 2 of the seats are only 10 rows apart so might be an idea if you have them

:exclamation: :huh:

I take it that was for UEFA final?

Mind you, cheap flights to Amsterdam (or ferry to Hook of Holland), no ticket, what you gonna do? Find a cafe, chill out, find a sports bar, have it, then the Dam is yours to party/commiserate... Rather Holland than some remote eastern European country miles from home.

They had the fans area. But they were in a right state by the time we got out of the game :)

The elephant in the room has to be addressed.

You've beaten us fairly and squarely twice already but can you do it a third time?

2-0, first goal all important and if we start like we did against Brentford at home or the first 15 minutes away against you lot I reckon it will be to us. Play like we did away to Bournemouth then I worry it will be to Norwich. Not long to wait now until we all find out but I'm nervously optimistic.

UTB!