oneBoro Forum

Huth to Stoke ?

It will be interesting to see if Huth will be playing today as he has been linked to a move to Stoke this morning.The biggest concern I have got is the transfer figure that they are talking about ...£2.5 million.Are they having a laugh.Distin £5 million .... who is slower and a lot older but yet Huth who is a current German International can be bought for that amount.:@

Lamb .. We wouldnt like to lose Huth but if he has to be sold at least get a decent price for him.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

The papers are saying £2.5 million but Sky Sports have just mentioned that Stoke have been put off by the £5 million we have quoted.

Even £5 million is a cheap price,I know Huth has had his injuries but they seem to be behind him now and when you have Hull saying £12 million for Turner and Stoke pricing Shawcross at £20 million it does make us a laughing stock.

We really need to stop selling players now,Alves by all accounts is on his way to Benfica,thats it now shut the doors and start playing for promotion.

We can do it with this present squad if only they would stop tampering about with it.

The problem we have is we are not a attractive proposition for some of our own players. If low offers come in from some of europe's top leagues towards the end of the window then players may put pressure on the club. Added to that, the club will be in a situation where they will need to appease the fans desire for new faces and we may get a situation where any HALF decent offer will be accepted and we will rush out a make a rash signing. I'm still worried but I suppose todays game will give us more of an indication of where we are heading.

"Added to that, the club will be in a situation where they will need to appease the fans desire for new faces"

Capt when as the MFC ever tried to appease the fans under this regime.

I was talking to a Stoke fan today who has connections at the club and he reckons they will be signing Huth before the end of the month.

Daily mail;

Tony Pulis is bracing himself for a scramble to lure Ryan Shawcross away from Stoke after moving in for Middlesbrough's German centre-back Robert Huth.

The Stoke manager is closing in on the powerfully-built former Chelsea defender, as revealed by Sportsmail, and is confident of tieing up a £2.5million deal in time for Wednesday's meeting with Liverpool at Anfield.

Middlesbrough insiders claim manager Gareth Southgate is resigned to losing Huth, who turns 25 on Tuesday, after Pulis made an approach that could clear the way for Shawcross' departure.

Really hope this isn't true :(

Rob....It just doesnt make sense at £2.5 million.I could kind of understand if we were offered £6 million plus but Huth is a quality defender,age is on his side,his injuries seem to be behind him now and I think he has good leadership qualities.Both Riggott and Poggie are still injured and not due back until September at the earliest plus even then there is no guarantee that either one of them will not have a relapse.

Yes Huth is one of our better paid players but its not as if he is on £60k per week.Are we not allowed a bit of a luxury in our team?

Sullivan and Gold took a gamble last season that they would get promoted at the first time of asking and spent a few million more than the clubs actual income,Isnt Gibson prepared to do the same or are we really in that much poop?

If he goes then I will feel the same as I did last year when we sold Young.Another short sighted mistake by the club.

I know, £2.5 is a ridiculous price lets just hope that we can do every thing to keep him. I personally think that Huth would be more than happy to stay with us, but if the right offer came in (£5m +) there would be no chance Boro turning it down. Didn't realise he has only played 50 games for us.

They're touting a £12m price tag on Michael Turner from Hull City at the moment. Turner is a great defender, but he's no better that Huth in my opinion. Huth is a German international and has plenty of Premier League experience. We'd never get £12m for him, i understand that, but £2.5m is just taking the p*ss

Again just like Tuncay, will Huth`s international place be affected by him being in the Championship.

There is a point that clearly the Premiership is where it`s at and it`s where you play international standard of players and teams week in week out.

But..........

If the team isn`t playing well and shipping goals.........like I reckon Stoke will eventually, then surely it`s not productive for Huth to join them.

Huth, in the 2 games we`ve witnessed this season, has been comfortable to the point where I`m sure he could come out on a chaise lounge and still have no problems.

The point is he`s winning games and going about it in a professional manner, surely that`s more important when your getting looked at by your international teams manager.

Dont think the a move to stoke would do anything for Huth in terms of international improvement, or development as a player, and i see no need for him to leave. The only way i see him leaving is the clubs lack of ambition.