oneBoro Forum

Huth to Stoke ?

Hello lads! I go on holiday for 2 weeks and come back to find some spambot has taken over the gazette forum and you've all migrated to a new forum! Well, many thanks to those who linked everyone back to this new one anyway :-)

Huth for 2.5m is a joke. Even £5m is a snip these days and I really hope we don't take that kind of money. GS said that Huth understands he'll only be allowed to leave for the price we want and I hope that is a better figure than is being quoted. I'd prefer to keep him though, even if we do have plenty of central defenders, it's a long season and injuries happen!

Turner at Hull for £12m? It's just getting ridiculous isn't it when compared to £2.5m bid for Huth. What will the press publish next? Tuncay on a free transfer to Wolves?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Thats where Middlesbrough and Hull differ though. Hull have said that Turners value to them is £12m, which to me is an inflated figure. However this wards off teams who think they can come in and raid the club.

Whereas with the Boro we never actually come out and say "Give us X amount and you can have him" leading to speculation and rumours with silly low amounts attached.

I realise its the clubs prerogative to do whatever they like with regards to transfers, but if they did then they could dispel a lot of these rumours and pitiful numbers that are being banded about a the moment.

I hope huth stays, by far the best defender in this league. I honestly think he will still be here, he more or less said himself that he feels like he owes the club at least another season after all the injuries hes had.

we should tell any interested clubs that they have until the end of this week to make a bid on any players. After that they will not be entertained. Then we can concentrate on the players we NEED, instead of the usual panic buying and selling at the last minute.

As for Sol Campbell, i read somewhere that hes expecting to sign for newcastle this week.

we should tell any interested clubs that they have until the end of this week to make a bid on any players. After that they will not be entertained. Then we can concentrate on the players we NEED, instead of the usual panic buying and selling at the last minute.

Absolutely. We'll end up getting the dregs from the transfer bin if we don't sell our players fast. Worrying when you have to sell on players quick before you can bring someone else in. Especially someone on a free (e.g. Hesseleink)

I just don't get the valuations of our players... Tuncay 6m, Huth 2.5m??? Absolutely ridiculous if you look at some of the trash that has moved from other clubs for a lot more. How are Portsmouth managing it.

We should be very clear about the players that are available and those that are not. I'm assuming that we have valuations for the likes of Tuncay. O'Neil and Alves, who I presume we are willing to let go. For the rest, it should be a case of only considering 'stupid' offers.

When fit, we have quite a few CBs (Huth, Wheater, Rigott, Pogatetz, Hines, Williams, Hoyte) and you can see why we are likely to sell one. We are only likely to get decent cash for Huth & Wheater. Personally, would rather see Pog go than Hut but we'll see.

The £2.5m for Huth is either made up paper talk or is part-missing, £2.5m upfront and another £15m after 2 games, etc.

I think the 2.5 million is just paper talk, but if it true then i will be fuming.

As a premier league manager, i would ask myself "how much would it cost me to bring in an experienced centre back of international quality, who has already proved his worth in the premier league" I reckon most premier league managers would assume a 6 million MINIMUM, and even then i think most would consider that a bargain, therefore, i think we can assume most interested parties would be expecting to pay around that mark, so all Gibson and Lamb have to do is stand strong and put the word out that he will be going nowhere for such an insulting amount.

It looks like Stoke have turned their attentions to Collins from West Ham now as Boro wanted more than the £2.5 million they offered us for Huth.

Sol Campbell will be unveiled as a Newcastle player this week along with Barry Moat as their new owner.Also Stephen Taylor will be on his way this week.

Southgate has said this morning that he does not want to sell Huth plus the player has not asked for a move.

If he goes then we can only blame Lamby and Gibson.Roll on the 31st August and lets hope Alves is the only player out of the door by then.

Middlesbrough boss Gareth Southgate has warned potential buyers it will take an "exceptional" bid to persuade him to part with Robert Huth.

Hope exception means more than 3 million

All this talk of £2.5m for Huth is doing my head in. When I first saw that a few weeks back i nearly fell off my chair and put it down to pathetic journalism by the mirror or whichever rubbish paper it was in. For some reason though the figure is still being talked about. If Lescott goes for over £20m and Hull rate their in demand centre back at £12m then Huth is surely worth somewhere around £15m. Lets just come out and say that and put it to bed otherwise I can see those idiots running the club accepting 4m because its better than the 2.5m they've been seeing for the last few weeks and they are stupid enough to think its a good price for that reason.