oneBoro Forum

Anyone else a fan of The National? Easily my favourite band, haven't met anyone else who likes them yet though.

Don't know their work. Who do they sound like?

Matt Berninger (the lead vocalist) has quite a unique voice so it's difficult to compare them to other bands. Their album "The Boxer" is my favourite album of all time, if you get a chance you should definitely have a listen to it, it's not going to be everyone's cup of tea mind.

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

I like that OMG but for balance I'm posting the original, absolute top quality song in my book. Actually that could be a good little topic for this thread OMG - best covers.

[video=youtube]

Good thread! If anyone likes house/electronic music in general, I pop the odd (downloadable) mix up now and then - here's a link to my most recent one (it's a few months old now but I'll do another soon) - interested to hear thoughts!

Good thread! If anyone likes house/electronic music in general, I pop the odd (downloadable) mix up now and then - here's a link to my most recent one (it's a few months old now but I'll do another soon) - interested to hear thoughts!

Its probably a good job we went by train then and you didnt have to edure my music :)

first one for today   :cool:

Hmmm, I can see that this would be great for clubbing but surely it's not for serious listening is it? Maybe I'm just old.

Hmmm, I can see that this would be great for clubbing but surely it's not for serious listening is it? Maybe I'm just old.

to be fair Bugs, its a club mix  , usually Icehouse wouldnt be associated with that style . Dunno wethr you remember thier biggest hit ...hey little girl  from 1983 . but its totally different .

Anyone else a fan of The National? Easily my favourite band, haven't met anyone else who likes them yet though.

I'm a big fan of the National, Aphex, you aren't the only one! I'm a big fan of War on Drugs too, and Sufjan Stevens new album is low key, but brilliant.

I've just had a listen to the National (as I probably will most artists mentioned here I don't know) and I really enjoyed them, so if nothing else comes of this thread I've found a new band to listen to

Does anyone else use Spotify? I've been making a summer playlist (it's by no means a finished article) but if anyone wants to have a listen and maybe recommend some tunes to put on then the link is below. There's a bit of everything on there (dance, rock, rap, etc) but I've tried not to put anything to extreme on so it suits all music tastes

to be fair Bugs, its a club mix  , usually Icehouse wouldnt be associated with that style . Dunno wethr you remember thier biggest hit ...hey little girl  from 1983 . but its totally different .

Ah, the eighties. I'm afraid I turned the 80s off.

I have given Icehouse a bit of a listen and I see what you mean about your vid being atypical of their work. I quite like 'em but their heyday passed me by while I was studiously avoiding the dreaded disco!

Not everything passed me by, though...

[video=youtube]

Politically incorrect nowadays but reflects nicely what I felt about most 80s pop at the time. :)