oneBoro Forum

Does anyone else use Spotify? I've been making a summer playlist (it's by no means a finished article) but if anyone wants to have a listen and maybe recommend some tunes to put on then the link is below. There's a bit of everything on there (dance, rock, rap, etc) but I've tried not to put anything to extreme on so it suits all music tastes

i use soulseek pretty similar and you can browse other users files and download from them  within the rules of course .  i love discovering new bands (to me)  so i will check out other members input on here .

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Good thread! If anyone likes house/electronic music in general, I pop the odd (downloadable) mix up now and then - here's a link to my most recent one (it's a few months old now but I'll do another soon) - interested to hear thoughts!

Its probably a good job we went by train then and you didnt have to edure my music :)

Haha Rich! I actually like all sorts so unless it was the music from 'Cats' or 'Les Mis' I probably wouldn't be minded!

It wasn't, was it?

Good thread! If anyone likes house/electronic music in general, I pop the odd (downloadable) mix up now and then - here's a link to my most recent one (it's a few months old now but I'll do another soon) - interested to hear thoughts!

Its probably a good job we went by train then and you didnt have to edure my music :)

Haha Rich! I actually like all sorts so unless it was the music from 'Cats' or 'Les Mis' I probably wouldn't be minded!

It wasn't, was it?

I think it was. Belle and sebastian. The smashin pumpkins. Joy division. And wings But i can get some nolans if you like

It wasn't, was it?

I think it was. Belle and sebastian. The smashin pumpkins. Joy division. And wings But i can get some nolans if you like

After looking at the other three bands I think I'll give Belle and Sebastian a listen!

It wasn't, was it?

After looking at the other three bands I think I'll give Belle and Sebastian a listen!

Woulda been fine Rich! Used to love them all, especially Smashing Pumpkins! U can keep yer Nolans...

I'll be posting my mixes on here too, got just under 2,000 followers on mixcloud, so if you like Dance music you'll probably like my mixes, we do anything from deep house through to Hardstyle

Possibility of doing BCM this Summer with the contacts i've made out here, been told we're good enough

If anyone is interested: https://www.mixcloud.com/djgibson_digitaldj/

If you don't mind me asking hat software/ hardware you using?

Pretty Good mixing Skills

If you don't mind me asking hat software/ hardware you using?

Pretty Good mixing Skills

Thanks Boroinbishop! I shall give you a follow on Mixcloud - congrats on BCM!

I'd love to say I use some heavyweight hardware/software but I don't. I learnt to mix vinyl on Technics back in the day, sold the decks and went about 15 years without mixing. Missed it loads so last year I went on eBay and bought an old Vestax Spin with DeeJay 3 just so I could mix music again! So in short - very basic! Still miss mixing vinyl tho!

Following on from the chat thread and the 90's theme here's another one for you, arguably the start of Britpop and a great track in it's own right.

[video=youtube]

Following on from the chat thread and the 90's theme here's another one for you, arguably the start of Britpop and a great track in it's own right.

[video=youtube]

Absolutely love Suede. They had so many top quality songs back in that era. We are the pigs, trash, metal mickey and beautiful ones are just epic. I crank up the volume when im out driving with Suede on.