Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

• 1 month later...

just gonna stick to hits today for some memories

one each from 70s,80s,90s,00s and current

I gave each of those a listen and I can think of plenty of 70s tracks that I would listen to in preference to The Who doing "I'm Free" with the LSO. Still, to each his own, I suppose.

The other four served to remind me why I gave up on pop entirely with the advent of disco. For thirty-odd years now the only time I've heard pop has been when I've had it inflicted on me on pub jukeboxes. I know, of course, as I knew at the time, that I was missing out on a lot of good stuff so I'm always ready to listen, learn and catch up. Unfortunately there was nothing there to make me want to seek out more. I turn to heavy metal every time for my angst-ridden power rock. :)

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Any Northern Soul lovers out there or has it all died off up there these days.

My time was the late 60s early 70s and I would go anywhere to listen to good sounds.

Even played a few myself on the decks of the old Speakeasy on Linthorpe Road.

I only ask because I never seem to hear any new stuff just the fantastic old songs, which I can listen to all day long.

Any Northern Soul lovers out there or has it all died off up there these days.

My time was the late 60s early 70s and I would go anywhere to listen to good sounds.

Even played a few myself on the decks of the old Speakeasy on Linthorpe Road.

I only ask because I never seem to hear any new stuff just the fantastic old songs, which I can listen to all day long.

I staggered into a Northern Soul night unawares just before Xmas in Stockton, was a great laugh. Was almost empty though, unfortunately

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...