oneBoro Forum

First team squad discussion....George Friend

Accidentally posted this on the Wrong thread....... Doh

Moving on from Muzzy. (Not stopping discussion about him tho)

I'd like to see Forshaw start more games. He's certainly more attacking than the other central midfield players and personally think he'll be a good addition to play in the middle of the 3 in our usual set up

AK did say he was bought in with a view to this season in mind so let's hope that's true

I thought this thread was for muzzy discussion today and then another player tomorrow? or did i misread it?

Short answer: yes you did misread it :P

But I do like your idea about a player per day. Hopefully DS gets to read this and can edit his open thread title daily. I'll delete my Forshaw (and any other replys) until it's his turn

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

cant  make a judgement on Muzzy just yet .

when he was playing regularly  , on his day he was a genuine goal threat which would obviously come in handy plus he can slip into our problem position if he gains AKs trust and maybe forgiveness for any  issues thet may or may not have taken place.  but he has to  up his consistancy levels .

might be slightly too much to expect though on all points.  

Accidentally posted this on the Wrong thread....... Doh

Moving on from Muzzy. (Not stopping discussion about him tho)

I'd like to see Forshaw start more games. He's certainly more attacking than the other central midfield players and personally think he'll be a good addition to play in the middle of the 3 in our usual set up

AK did say he was bought in with a view to this season in mind so let's hope that's true

I thought this thread was for muzzy discussion today and then another player tomorrow? or did i misread it?

Short answer: yes you did misread it :P

But I do like your idea about a player per day. Hopefully DS gets to read this and can edit his open thread title daily. I'll delete my Forshaw (and any other replys) until it's his turn

Good idea will change the o/p title day by day to indicate the current player being discussed though no harm on adding posts later on about players already discussed.

As his name has been mentioned will change the player to Forshaw at some point tomorrow

We're desperate for a creative LW so if we can Carayol back to the level that he could perform at before his injury, but with more consistency and work-rate, then it will be a massive boost for our chances of promotion next season. I think Karanka slowly realised last season that Reach and Adomah weren't good enough at LW, and may have thought how much we missed someone like Carayol. His main competition next season for LW will most likely be Reach, who also has a point to prove and the potential to become a key player. Hopefully the competition between them two can drive up their performances.

I'm sure i seen someone posted that muzzy was caught on a night out before a game and fell out with AK and thats why he wasn't played when he came back from injury and at the end of the season AK went to muzzys house for clear the air talks but can't remember who posted that not sure if its true.

Cant believe we extended his contract. Thought he offered very little and that was before a year out of the game with injury.

Annoying thing is I have seen short spells when he looked like he could be a top quality player but thats usually every 1 in 5 games, the other 4 its like having ten men

Cant believe we extended his contract. Thought he offered very little and that was before a year out of the game with injury.

Annoying thing is I have seen short spells when he looked like he could be a top quality player but thats usually every 1 in 5 games, the other 4 its like having ten men

I agree with all of this

We're almost in a no-lose situation with Muzzy. He has ability, he has pace, he hasn't consistently provided that to be a threat but he's probably not on big wages and he didn't cost very much. Pretty much, it's up to him. If he lives up to his potential, then he can be in the team and a menace. If he doesn't, he's not tying up too much of our money or disrupting squad harmony. I'd love to see him getting games in pre-season and showing what he can do - but if he doesn't manage it, we can likely move him on without too much difficulty. Obviously, I hope for the former rather than the latter.

I'm sure i seen someone posted that muzzy was caught on a night out before a game and fell out with AK and thats why he wasn't played when he came back from injury and at the end of the season AK went to muzzys house for clear the air talks but can't remember who posted that not sure if its true.

It was posted on here wasn't it? I also remember someone saying that Carayol is a devout muslim. So I can't see him out all night drinking.

What are the attitude problems? Considering he was in and around the matchday squad after coming back from a year out it can't be that bad.

I like him. He has proven himself in lower league and just as he began to become important to us he had that terrible injury. It is definately worth keeping him to see if he can find his form again and offer us something. He does have an eye for goal and if he is up to the task of impressing AK and the fans then I'm on board. Let's se how he reacts in pre season. He may not be a 46 game starter on the left side but I reckon he is good to have in the squad for rotation and bringing on from the bench to offer a direct attacking thread that will just run at the defenders and take them on.

Give him a chance to prove his worth.

I think Muzzy's main problem is also his main strength - he's unpredictable. I usually get the impression he doesn't know what he's going to do next, sometimes it comes off, sometimes he looks foolish.

A bit like Bolasie but not as good.

I think he's useful as a sub to throw on and hope he has a good day but we can't rely on him week-in-week-out to provide in a promotion campaign.

Well I would imagine that is what karanka will try to make him improve upon, otherwise he'll be loaned/sold

It was posted on here wasn't it? I also remember someone saying that Carayol is a devout muslim. So I can't see him out all night drinking.

Ye somewhere on this forum is was posted, can't remember where though