oneBoro Forum

First team squad discussion....George Friend

Sorry i might be being harsh but i can't stand him what kind of professional football player cant maintain a healthy weight? hes fat lazy and try to many 'hollywood' passes, yes he can be amazing but that happens 1 in 10/15.

He has been MOTM at least 7/8 times this season.......

Yeah but we played 120 games :P

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Tomlin is one of those players I'd consider cashing in on. I rate him, think he has turned games for us and would contribute again. But his value will be good right now and the right offer would be worth considering. That isn't wanting rid, just recognising he may be at peak value for us at present.

Tomlin is one of those players I'd consider cashing in on. I rate him, think he has turned games for us and would contribute again. But his value will be good right now and the right offer would be worth considering. That isn't wanting rid,  just recognising he may be at peak value for us at present.

That's a more succinct version of what I was trying to say. If he's valued at a level where we can make a huge profit on him, I think cashing in may benefit us more than having him around.

it was mentioned pretty much first thing that Tomlin is a kind of marmite player-you either love hime or hate him and  though i wouldnt go as far as the word hate  ,thats what he is to me rolled into one .

i see the turn v Kompany and the through ball at liverpool  and am absolutely awe struck with his ability, i look back at some of the   goals and assists and  thank god we have him in our ranks 

but then as rightly pointed out you cant overlook the all too many ineffectual displays  scatterd in between those moments of magic and  cry out in despair.

i do get the feeling  that he gets more  enjoment in his own acclaim than the teams performance sometimes but i hope we keep him  but i accept that a bid from preferably a team not in our division of 4 mill upwards  would be hard to ignore .  

On his day he can be brilliant and a match winner, but goes missing far too often and offers nothing. Its no good having a moment of brilliance in a game, then doing nothing for the next 7-8 games. If he can get a lot more consistent then he will be an asset, but until he does then hes often a liability during the game. Hes a tough one, because if we replaced him with someone with half his ability, but they did it every game then we would likely be much better off, but he still has the ability to turn nothing into something which can be equally as valuable.

He's a good player to have on the bench, but I wouldn't try building a team around him, which is kind of what you have to do with a flair player like him. I'm not sure how he'll fit into AK's plans next season as there is no obvious role for him.

10 goals. 11 assists. Willing to get a tackle in. Hugely improved disciplinary record.

Honestly don't get the disparity of opinions on this one.

I think you have to consider that for the first half of the season his stats were nothing like that and in fact they were poor.  I think up until the middle of January it was something like 2 goals and 3 assists in total?  The we had the two home games against Huddersfield and Cardiff and he kicked on from this point.  If their opinion was formed before that however then clearly they wouldn't be that impressed, I know I wasn't.  The second half of the season was a different story and my opinion changed as his performances improved or he became more effective.

Ok moving on and surely this will cause some serious debate a***st us.

Today is the highly frustrating player aka Adam Reach.

He annoys me so much in terms of really wanting to shout out loudly at him at times

There were times that I thought we were far more balanced with him in the team and he showed some sublime touches.

But boy can he ever be frustrating in terms of missed golden and I mean golden opportunities and the accuracy of his backwards passing because he seemed not to be able to lift the ball over the nearest player to him.

Can not see him being sold but he does need to up his game somewhat

I like him, there i said it. he works his socks off, hes clearly told to be defensive from AK so for people to get annoyed at him when thats what hes in the team for is stupid, we look alot more balanced with general width when he plays.

He does need to be abit more braver and stop doing stupid cruyff turns all the time though

I think Reach comes into a similar bracket to Tomlin. If he was as good as he can be consistently then he would be playing in the Premier League.

He isn't. So he plays in the championship and doesn't get a regular game. The only (but is a big one) difference between Reach and someone like Downing is the number of top quality games he will have over the course of the season. The top, top players are nearly always 7/10 or better. And on the odd occasion they aren't they still play a 6. I think the problem with Reach is he has too many 4s. I think he is working under a great manager to help him gain that consistency but after the start he had to last season we really need to see him kick on and become a regular first teamer this season.