oneBoro Forum

First team squad discussion....George Friend

He was loaned out to Hartlepool and I think he did well. Sensible thing would be to loan him to a League 1 side who will play him most games for a full season and see how he gets on.

Looking at his history on Wiki, he doesn't appear to have ever had a long-term loan (1 month loans here and there). Surely after the success of Ben Gibson, this is the sensible option (provided anyone wants him....Mogga again maybe!!)

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

He was loaned out to Hartlepool and I think he did well. Sensible thing would be to loan him to a League 1 side who will play him most games for a full season and see how he gets on.

Looking at his history on Wiki, he doesn't appear to have ever had a long-term loan (1 month loans here and there). Surely after the success of Ben Gibson, this is the sensible option (provided anyone wants him....Mogga again maybe!!)

I'm sure there were rumours of him not wanting to go out on loan a few seasons back. If he has that sort of attitude then he won't get far with his career.

Whilst we have no idea at this time who his striking partners will be will we see a better season from him next time round and has he settled into the rigours of championship style football now?

I fully believe we will see more of him this season, with decent service, either from the wings or through an attacking midfielder, he can be a 20 goal a season man. I'm a big fan of Kike, some of the goals he scored last season were pretty special, he's got the talent, he just needs the service.

I like Kike. The lad has a big heart and clearly wants to do well for the club. He seems to pop up with important goals and just needs to add himself to the scoresheet more often. Kike's problem as with all our strikers is lack of service. I think he'll be used to the championship now and with the right service he'll score a lot more. I want to see him played more next season, I think he'll come good for us.

I think it looks unlikely that Kike will begin the season as the number one striker at the club. Even though he's currently the only one we have, all the noise coming from the media is that we have a little bit of cash to spend, and that it will be going on forward players, surely we wouldn't blow a few million on someone who is going to have to force his way in past a player who's first season in England was best described as 'mixed'.

But he'll be given every chance, and will at least have pre season to show what he can do. He went some way towards making fans like him with some passionate performances towards the end of the season (shedding tears at Fulham, fighting Bamford for the pen against Rotherham, and of course, the shirt swinging celebration in the playoffs), but he has to make more of his chances. My main criticism is that he doesn't make the keeper work enough.

Well seeing as now one Williams is no longer with us what about the on-going saga of whether or not we will see anything again from the most unluckiest player on the planet aka Rhys Williams?

To be honest I am somewhat surprised that there has not been an announcement that due to injuries he has been forced to retire or an amicable parting of company declared (we did that with Kamara).

Will he ever figure again?

It would be ruthlessly cruel to end Williams contract, because of injuries. Clubs are well aware of the risk involved with players getting injured and are heavily insured, to just throw him out would be wrong. Rhys as a player is one of our best, AK obviously rates him and the rest of the squad seem very supportive to him. He's probably our longest serving player, if he can stay fit and it's a big if, then he's a useful guy to have around, one of the classiest defenders that I've seen in a Boro shirt.