oneBoro Forum

First team squad discussion....George Friend

Norwich agreed a £2m fee with Cardiff for Noone in Jan but ran out of time to complete the deal. Think he'd be a good signing for us.

I'll have a word but when we talked last he didn't fancy it. He came and stayed with me alot when we were kids and wasn't bothered about the area. Mind we lived in Billingham so there ya go.

You talk to him and I'll put a word in with my mate on the coaching team and we could have the first oneboro organised signing. Now Whitehead's gone there is room in the car with Clayton and husband

I would bloody love a oneboro organized signing. I'll text him, he still hasn't RSVP'D to my wedding yet anyway and I was banking on a good gift from him.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Albert's a keeper unless we get offered big money. One of our main outlets, even if he could improve on his total of assists. Mind, he has put in some great crosses with no reward so is the style of centre forward we're looking at the sort that thrives on crosses?

EDIT: Well, not a keeper. That would be silly. But you know what I mean.

On to Captain Fantastic aka Grant Leadbitter

Do we cash in on him if an offer comes through?

Great number of pennas scored but hardly anything from January till end of season.

We know Humpty thinks very highly of him but do others?

He's quite clearly a key player but if an offer of £4 million+ comes in I'd take it. I think he's an excellent player but an offer like that would be too good to turn down

No major issues with GL other than would prefer somebody else or at least an alternate set piece option. My other criticism of him is the bookings he gets. The majority for me last season were unnecessary through either dissent or unnecessary fouls. Having said that he was a major part in what was good for us last season and on form he is a very good player. However with Forshaw and Clayton and the likelihood of another midfielder coming in on loan I get the feeling he will play less and perhaps be ousted as the first choice midfielder this season.

It does seem quite a negative view this but I am actually a fan :S.

I honestly think that when Forshaw was brought in, there was one eye on there being interest in Grant this summer. Fair enough, it may have genuinely been for purposes of rotating them, along with Clayton, this season, but I do think that having AF around means that we'd possibly be a bit more open to selling Grant. Given that he's signed a contract extension and just had his best season, I'd really be looking at £5m or more to want to sell up.

I honestly think that when Forshaw was brought in, there was one eye on there being interest in Grant this summer. Fair enough, it may have genuinely been for purposes of rotating them, along with Clayton, this season, but I do think that having AF around means that we'd possibly be a bit more open to selling Grant. Given that he's signed a contract extension and just had his best season, I'd really be looking at £5m or more to want to sell up.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was the case.

Leadbitter has just had his best season for us (his best season ever?) and his value will never be higher. Although he contributed a lot last season I would not be massively surprised to see us move him on for a big fee this summer.

But then the flip side of my brain says Karanka loves him. He will likely be our captain again this season.

But then again I think had we got promoted he would have no longer been a certain starter in the premier league.

No problems with Grant but would like the penaltys taken by Kike just for the confidence boost and anybody else to take the odd set piece just to change things up abit

Love what Grant brings. Passion, professionalism and a desire to win everything. I get the impression that he's cheesed off if he loses the toss at the start of the game. Nothing other than 100% given in every game, I imagine he's the same in training and will expect the same from. Everyone else too

im probably in the minority but for a good fee id not be distraught if he was sold .

i havent checked stats or anything but i dont think we had too bad a points return in the matches where he wasnt available. weve gor reasonable cover for him . like others have said  we need to try someone else on corners  and at the point he is on his career if we were to get an offer of around 3.5 to 5 million which isnt as far fetched as some may think taking into consideration forests previous bid and the fees being branded about for similar players ability wise.

i think his style sometimes dictates our slow attacking pace  at times but having said all of this , i do think he has been an important  cog in our set up and  hasnt let the club down one bit . so if hes still here i will be equally happy with that too  .

You are definately not in the minority LM, I would like to see him sold, he slows the game down too much and has a habit of turning attack into defence. His set pieces are generally poor and he's not a great tackler. A lot of his failings are masked by his enthusiasm.