oneBoro Forum

First team squad discussion....George Friend

Almost the definition of a nothing signing. Not good enough to force his way in as a right winger despite the fact that AA didn't show up for half season. AK even preferred to Bamford at right wing instead of him.

Even as a right back he couldn't force his way into the team meaning we instead loaned spurs fourth choice right back and even played a centre midfielder out of position instead of him.

He's almost everything I think is wrong with a lot of signings we've made over the years he's just here to make up numbers.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I must admit I have been disappointed with his contribution last season. I expected much more from him. I hope he turns it up a notch next season and becomes genuine competition for the right wing role.

Almost the definition of a nothing signing. Not good enough to force his way in as a right winger despite the fact that AA didn't show up for half season. AK even preferred to Bamford at right wing instead of him.

Even as a right back he couldn't force his way into the team meaning we instead loaned spurs fourth choice right back and even played a centre midfielder out of position instead of him.

He's almost everything I think is wrong with a lot of signings we've made over the years he's just here to make up numbers.

Never a truer word spoken.

Absolutely diabolical. He can maybe play up-front for Equatorial Guinea, but at right-back he is the definition of a headless chicken. Really awful- was Ipswich the home game where he came on with 4 minutes left and missed three sitters?

The lad is not a RB. I was a bit annoyed that Kalas took a lot of stick for the Bournemouth game when he's not a CH and he was left completely exposed by Nsue who was playing a completely different game. He can be a useful player but he is an attacker and we need to stop trying to make him defend because he's terrible at it.

Really? Why have we played him as a RB then? Was it because we didn't have anyone else so we've changed his position. I did assume he was a RB. He's a terrible CH if he is lol!

Nsue played RB quite a few games, and did pretty well for the most part. Thought he was especially good at home against Derby & Forest. As I said earlier, that one shocker against Bournemouth has everyone saying he's useless in that position

I do have horrific memories of the Bournemouth game. Nsue has a decent cross on him and he works well with Adomah. I just think he does better at RB when Boro are in cruise control and isn't so good when we're under pressure. I stand by the opinion he's a better attacker than he is a defender.

When he came on at wembley I thought he changed the dynamic down the right side for the better. If he doesn't mind playing RB then I'd give him a run there and tell him to emulate gorgeous.