oneBoro Forum

First team squad discussion....George Friend

-----------Dimi----------

----Ayala --- Gibson--

Nsue-----------------Friend

-----LeadB - Clayton------

--Ado---Downing--Tomlin--

------------Kike---------------

Something like that? Adomah and Tomlin coming narrow to support the front man and Nsue and Friend bombing on? Knowing that we have two DM to drop back and cover?

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really see the point of us having Nsue in the squad - he doesn't get used as much as I think he probably should and that being the case, I'm not sure he offers enough to justify blocking the path of a youth team player to the squad. I do think he's got some ability as an attacking player down the right - I really don't see him as a right back and given the way we played just about everybody else at right back ahead of him, neither does Karanka. I'd look to move Nsue on, personally.

Nsue played as a RM for his former team IIRC, was only played at RB due to positional shortages. Does a good enough job and I like him as a utility player.

Started his career as a cf but been played everywhere during the course of his career

nsue is great when changing the game coming off the bench. he has lots of energy and we benefit from this when he's on against tired legs. decent passer, good crosser can beat a man. he's the perfect sub. but overall he's a bit to slow going backwards and not a very good defender. he's not better than adomah by a long shot so he is always going to be a bench man.

nsue is great when changing the game coming off the bench. he has lots of energy and we benefit from this when he's on against tired legs. decent passer, good crosser can beat a man. he's the perfect sub. but overall he's a bit to slow going backwards and not a very good defender. he's not better than adomah by a long shot so he is always going to be a bench man.

Aye, Nsue and Wildschut as options from the bench - running against tired defenders - could potentially be game changers at points in the season. Let's hope they've both learnt from theurvfurstvterm and come back stronger and hungrier than before.

Ok well let's go back to the goal keepers now and am sure there will be plenty of thoughts and opinions on this subject.

Let's begin with Dimi, a truly good keeper or someone who just has had a good couple of seasons and needs replacing?

For me I think he is still worthy of the number 1 spot this time round

I thinks he's bang average. Not bad but not great. He's lucky he's got a brick wall of a defence in front of him.

For me we another GK as it doesn't fill me with confidence only having Ripley or Mejiahs as back up if dimi injures himself or gets suspended.

I think Dimi faded towards the end of the season, as did our defence, to a certain extent. We need competition for that position, just like every other and at the moment I don't think we have that. My main bugbear with Dimi is his ball control with his feet. We've seen a few occasions when Dimi has struggled when the ball has been passed back to him, it also affects the style of our play.

The CB'c are less inclined to play the ball to Dimi's feet and more inclined to hoof the ball up the pitch, which generally concedes possession of the ball. Opposition teams often press us hard in the final 3rd, it goes with the territory of being one of the better footballing sides in the division, I think that if we had a keeper that was more comfortable with the ball at his feet we would be more capable of building from the back.

everyone was raving about Dimi when he established the GK spot (OK raving might be over exxadurating ) but maybe that was more relief that we had someone a lot more adept at doing the basics with autority .

im with BWS in that he did start to get a bit sloppy towards the end  and his footwork can be dodgy at times  however hes still comfortably our best option at the moment  , id love us to go for Bentley as  i do feel we need to have serious competition in this position .

I echo whats been said previously, he was rock solid at the beginning of the season, but faded towards the end. I'd be happy for him to start the season. I think he could certainly do with some competition like