• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Reach is still young, and this season was his first playing any sort of regular football with us, and he showed some good potential - sure he's not a world beater, but give him more time under karanka and I think he could become a really good player.

I would like to see reach used in different ways. He is always pushed out on the left. How's about in a early cup game maybe trying him on the right or give him freedom to push on. See what the lad can really do. He is a raw talent at the moment that still needs developing

Reach is still young, and this season was his first playing any sort of regular football with us, and he showed some good potential - sure he's not a world beater, but give him more time under karanka and I think he could become a really good player.

Pretty much this for me. He's shown he's got potential, he's certainly good enough to challenge for the first team (though better quality in the left wing spot for him to challenge against would be a good thing) and he didn't look out of place in the cup games either, scoring a handy little header against Liverpool. One to keep.

i cant see any advantages to selling him as he wouldnt realistically command any decent amount of money  and  hes handy enough to fill in when needed hes competent enough and  seems willing to listen and learn but  tbh i dont see him being any better than Luke Williams in the long run.  Who knows maybe they,ll both prove me wrong and they do have time on thier hands but im not overly enthusiastic on them becoming much better than weve seen so far

again  just my opinion  .

I don't think he's a left winger, i think he'd be better off at fullback, he's reasonable with his defensive duties when covering, and he's a decent enough size, also overlapping might give him more space to just hit a cross in the box, because offensively that's all he can do. He has no attacking prowess, he very rarely beats a man, he's not exactly quick either, when defenders square him up you can see he has no confidence in going past them so he looks for George or the backwards pass.

People say he's young and he's raw, but he really isn't that young or raw, he's not an 18/19 year old who is fresh on the scene, who is exciting and attacking but makes errors, he doesn't really make mistakes, he just doesn't offer anything going forward. He will obviously improve still, but he's not going to suddenly develop a couple of yards more pace at 22. His decision making and positional awareness etc will improve, but he's never going to be a good attacking outlet IMO.

I do like Reach as a impact player, he is no were near to a finished product but can still play his part as a squad player. I wouldn't like to see him go.... If he did who would cover the left mid if 1st choice was out?

Reach is contracted to 2019.

AK obviously likes him; probably because he's a very hard worker.

If he could maintain that hard work, and give us another 5 goals/5 assists we'd have a very good Championship player, and I think he's capable of that

Reach is a player I really want to like, but as the season has gone on, he's had some really poor games. Blackpool away when he played wing back he was very poor, Watford away he was really shown up, and Ipswich at home, the fact that we scored 4 shouldn't disguise that he wasted a couple of really good chances to cross or shoot.

Perhaps there's something to work with there, Aitor has sung his praises enough times to know that he likes the lad, but I think I speak for the majority when I say that we'd be disappointed to see him start the season as one of our first choice XI (apologies if not!)

Maybe in the past we have off loaded our academy players too early and they have gone on to have good careers at premier division clubs. I'd like to see us keep Reach and see how he develops over the next couple of seasons.

Reach frustrates the hell out of me. He is obviously adept at applying himself to the manager's system and following instructions but cant break out of the mould. When he tries, he becomes bambi on ice or stops stock still and can only pass backwards to george. AK sees something so i will continue to whinge every time he falls on his backside