• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

How is black and blue our most distinctive away kit? What does that even mean?

Some serious overreaction going on in this thread.

You don't know what distinctive means?

OMFG!!!!!

^^ some serious over reaction for you.

OMFG!!!!!

*whooshing sound going over your head*

I didn't ask what distinctive means, I asked how on earth is blue and black our most distinctive kit? We've had lots of standout kits and it's not like we have a specific colour that we use each year.

OMFG!!!!!

I didn't ask what distinctive means, I asked how on earth is blue and black our most distinctive kit? We've had lots of standout kits and it's not like we have a specific colour that we use each year.

*whoosing sound going over your head*

OMFG!!!!!

*whoosing sound going over your head*

the most frequent boro away kit while i've been watching(85 onwards) is light blue. thats the most distinctive strip in my view.

Blue and black stripes are not frequently used by other teams and have been used on our away kit more than once.

For something to be distinctively boro, it would have to differentiate us from others but also have a common theme, colours or patterns etc. We have had more eye-catching away kits, but none I would argue are more distinctively boro than the blue and black stripes due to the repeated usage and historic associations we have with that colour ways.

If I saw a yellow top and black shorts I may think of Watford. If i saw light blue and white stripes I may thing of coventry, if I saw blue and black stripes I'd think of inter milan and classic boro away. That's why for me it's the most distinctive boro away kit becasue as well as looking different from others it has over time been associated with us on different occasions. Just because something has stand out colours doesn't make it distinctively boro for me, but it's just my opinion.

I also agree there's no need to be so rigid with the away kit, but as we have such a strong and cool template there's no need to reinvent it each year. I appreciate that doesn't sell shirts though and people love new different colours to look at.

I'd have been happy keeping our original badge too the one with the ships on, but others may think it's great changing the logo and that our new one is awesome.

Not sure if that whooshing sound is your hugely intellectual suppositions going over my head or just a lame pigeon that's got caught in the ceiling fan.