oneBoro Forum

Duplicate transfer window threads

I'll happily maintain or at least help with the summary of the transfer window; Its definitely a good idea!

@OMG: Not two threads per say, but one thread where all the information is summarised in one clear cut, easy to read piece for those that don't have an hour(s) to read through the opinions and arguments of the other thread. If you aren't reading the other thread daily, it can take quite a lot of time to catch up and even then not read anything of note :p

I'd prefer to read just one transfer thread, but that's just me. I like all the discussions that go on, but I can't be chewed reading two threads that'll likely talk about the same things.

And besides, I think the only reason people are talking about other teams is because there's nothing going on with Boro at the moment, it'll be focused more on us when we start making signings etc.

Yeah but they were talking about them in a thread which is a Boro thread. We already have a non-Boro thread. Could have used that.

I really hate the two threads. Combine them come on... Means people are scanning both. more work for the server. Note to those whom complained about getting the errors!

So now we have a thread.... talking about transfer threads. :D

I don't mind though. I'm capable of reading more than one thread per day.

but Women do much better at multi tasking than men ;-p

It's not about having the capability of being able to read two threads.

I'm checking this forum during work and having several threads about the same general topic isn't the best.

The "Boro transfer thread" is completely going down the same route as the "original transfer thread" - the differential is minimal...a page listting random strikers that Downing has played with isn't "boro related"

as a rule ,i dont want to get involved in the argumenys on here  im of the opinion that everyones entirely open to thier own opinions  and of course those opinions will clash and in many cases theres  a case for both sides, 

BUT ..... these 3 or 4  threads have one way or another  just turned into exactly the same thing ,,,and  its got a bit silly .

dont get me wrong i absolutely love reading titbits and peoples ideas on who we should sign and the pros and cons of suggestions  but i,m getting to the point as it stands with so many threads  duplicating the same basic theme   that i cant be ***d  reading them .

i think what most folk ,including me would be happy with is a general tranfer rumour thread and one that only shows  ACTUAL DEALS .

Maybe all these offshoot threads had that goal but the mere fact that there open to comment will  mean that we end up as we are now .

wouldnt the answer be to have the ACTUAL DEAL thread ONLY ACCESSIBLE TO POST IN by a moderator or a designated person or volunteer  .

With all of these threads I feel like I've missed key information. As long as Deano is staying I dont mind whats happening

Should we tell him?

He's a Huddersfield fan... Yeah? :s