• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm expecting us to be dependant on Chelsea again this summer. Lucas Piazon was on our radar two seasons ago so we could be interested in him again if Karanka thinks he would fit into our system. Bertrand Traore is very highly rated from what I've heard so he could be another option. Plus Atsu will be wanting more game time this season so could drop into the Championship. Kalas and Ake are the most likely to come here though. Plus Pritchard from Tottenham would be a really good signing, especially if he can perform well at LW as we need someone there that is technical and intelligent like him.

Atsu is going to Bournemouth and I think Piazon is one of the players Chelsea have given up on and are trying to sell, he's just had a good season in the Bundesliga with Eintracht Frankfurt so he might end up back there.

Regarding Nakhi Wells, not 100% sure we'd want to deal with Huddersfield again after they messed us about with Clayton last year.

Surprised I haven't seen Loftus-Cheek mentioned more. Having had his breakthrough, I can't see him sticking around and suddenly being a 20+ game a season man, so for his development he will most likely be loaned out this year. Whether it would be an either/or with him and Ake I'm not sure.

I thought myself tripper would be a tough one to get, could see him at prem club and If not would burnley want to sell to a potential playoff/promotion rival . But with Steve Gibson who knows he always seems to pull a surprise . That's why I'm excited about this window I can really see us bringing in some real quality players !

I'm expecting us to be dependant on Chelsea again this summer. Lucas Piazon was on our radar two seasons ago so we could be interested in him again if Karanka thinks he would fit into our system. Bertrand Traore is very highly rated from what I've heard so he could be another option. Plus Atsu will be wanting more game time this season so could drop into the Championship. Kalas and Ake are the most likely to come here though. Plus Pritchard from Tottenham would be a really good signing, especially if he can perform well at LW as we need someone there that is technical and intelligent like him.

Atsu is going to Bournemouth and I think Piazon is one of the players Chelsea have given up on and are trying to sell, he's just had a good season in the Bundesliga with Eintracht Frankfurt so he might end up back there.

That's one of my hopes with Kalas, that Chelsea think they have given him enough time and are now prepared to sell him on (preferably to us).

I'd also like to think that is the natural progression of our connection, that we get first refusals on young players they are prepared to sell.

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/12980154.Mejias_to_remain_at_Middlesbrough_as_Karanka_promises_to_support_new_playing_deal_for_Woodgate/?ref=rss&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

"TOMAS MEJIAS will not be leaving Middlesbrough this summer despite his lack of involvement in the final two months of the season."

and

"Karanka has also revealed that Kenneth Omeruo will not be back at Boro for a third spell next season."

but we probably guessed that anyway

Regarding Nakhi Wells, not 100% sure we'd want to deal with Huddersfield again after they messed us about with Clayton last year.

Surprised I haven't seen Loftus-Cheek mentioned more. Having had his breakthrough, I can't see him sticking around and suddenly being a 20+ game a season man, so for his development he will most likely be loaned out this year. Whether it would be an either/or with him and Ake I'm not sure.

If you remember it correctly it was allegedly Clayton's agent that caused the hold up. Huddersfield released a strongly worded statement condemning the behaviour and wanted Clayton to sign for us as the deal had been agreed weeks prior

So that's wrong completely

Yes we were linked with Borja. I'm pretty sure the Evening Gazette had an article on him. He was very highly rated before he had a bad injury but that seems to be behind him though.

Vetokele is a decent shout. He looked really good earlier in the season but faded after Charlton sacked Bob Peters. He was on he bench towards the end of the season so they may be open to selling him.

Our increased reputation will undoubtedly help us attract players this summer, in particular from foreign leagues as expect one of the first things that they will do is look at the league table to see where we finished this season. Just like Karanka had a hard sell to convince Kike to chose us ahead of other teams. Also the best youngsters at top English clubs will be impressed at how well we developed Bamford last season.

Aye p_mards, Karanka and his teams work with Bamford was nothing short of phenomenal. My Derby mates who swore blind he was the laziest so-and-so they'd seen couldn't quite believe the transformation. Jose will be very, very happy with the work our coaching team has done, and that will undoubtedly work in our favour.

Another name i'll throw into the hat... If United sign a CB this summer, Paddy McNair on loan?