• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I love my seat haha. I usually get George and Adam (Clayton) sliding into the boards right in front on me. Some of my mates were like 'howay Jen move to the south'. I was pretty much replied, not for all the tea in China. :D

@transfersnews3: Breaking Aston villa agree £100 bazillion trillion fee + Christian benteke + (inevitable) international appearances bonus + premier league title bonus for Middlesbrough left back George friend #avfc #mfc #boro

That is the only way I would believe it

Apparently Villa are also willing to alter their history and add their European Cup win to our honours list.

I would understand if we decided to sell Friend for a large offer in order to sign a top quality Championship striker. The maximum I think that we can realistically get would be around £4/4.5 million. Full-backs generally don't go for large sums of money to Premier League clubs outside the top 6 or 7 clubs so there's a ceiling price. With us having Husband ready and waiting for his chance, I think we wouldn't miss Friend too much. To use an example, last summer Ipswich sold Aaron Cresswell for £3.75 million, safe in the knowledge that they had Tyrone Mings ready to step up and he done brilliantly.

Last summer the majority of our spending on the likes of Kike, Clayton and Vossen(loan fee) was raised through the sales of Juke and Emnes so I think we will probably have to have outgoings if we're going to have the finances required to sign a high quality Championship striker this summer. Also we can't forget that we spent a significant fee on Forshaw in January. Plus our wage bill would have been pushed up further as a number of players have got new improved contracts like Dimi, Friend, Gibson, Reach, Leadbitter, Adomah and Carayol. The extra income from Wembley and cup games would helped alleviate quite a bit of those increased costs though.

I would understand if we decided to sell Friend for a large offer in order to sign a top quality Championship striker. The maximum I think that we can realistically get would be around £4/4.5 million. Full-backs generally don't go for large sums of money to Premier League clubs outside the top 6 or 7 clubs so there's a ceiling price. With us having Husband ready and waiting for his chance, I think we wouldn't miss Friend too much. To use an example, last summer Ipswich sold Aaron Cresswell for £3.75 million, safe in the knowledge that they had Tyrone Mings ready to step up and he done brilliantly.

Last summer the majority of our spending on the likes of Kike, Clayton and Vossen(loan fee) was raised through the sales of Juke and Emnes so I think we will probably have to have outgoings if we're going to have the finances required to sign a high quality Championship striker this summer. Also we can't forget that we spent a significant fee on Forshaw in January. Plus our wage bill would have been pushed up further as a number of players have got new improved contracts like Dimi, Friend, Gibson, Reach, Leadbitter, Adomah and Carayol. The extra income from Wembley and cup games would helped alleviate quite a bit of those increased costs though.

Luke Young, Full back, Middlesbrough to Aston Villa 2008 £6M (off the top of my head and Wikipedia)

For all we know we could sell friend for £3-4m and bring in some free transfer from abroad who is quality. Or there's Jordan obita who looks decent at reading.

Could really do with losing Rhys Williams off the wage bill that + Whiteheads will surely amount to over £30,000 a week!? That'd give us loads of room for a Jordan Rhodes contract no? Or it'd be enough to get Bamford back on a permanent deal I'd like to think.

Don't think it would be enough just to get bamford back. Even if we went into next season with last seasons team including vossen and bamford we would still have needed to add to it another striker and some sort of attacking midfielder.

And the gamble on Aliadiere & Mido to replace Yakubu and Viduka. And Digard to replace Boateng. And selling Morrison.

Once you get started it's difficult to stop.

rhodes isn't big at all, hes small actually.

What are your definitions of big and small?

Do you actually think before you post on here?

Have you heard of Google or Wikipedia, because the answers to the questions you're not asking are available online, and you're already on the internet?

Six feet and one inch by the way

Yeah Luke Young was a bit above what is the general price range, especially considering his age. Though at that time clubs like Aston Villa were throwing money around before the football bubble deflated a bit.

Knowing the right time to sell is crucial. We've made some costly mistakes by rejecting big offers for Emnes and R.Williams since relegation. We got the timing right to sell Joe Bennett for £3.25 million though.