oneBoro Forum

Transfer Window - Summer 2015

Someone mentioned David McGoldrick as a target that Gary Gill said is the sort of striker we need. He only has a year left on his contract, well it actually expires this summer but with a one year extension clue so he could be available for a moderate price this summer. Leicester reportedly had a £5 million bid for him rejected last summer.

Weren't we linked with Lasse Vibe from Gotenborg last January?. He finished as the top scorer in Sweden with 23 goals in 26 games so that sort of record in their top division will always attract a decent level of interest. The rumours could have nothing in them though.

It may just be me feeling negative right now but the only thing missing from that last paragraph is "he once scored 7 goals in one game" sounds very Alves like to me. I hope we can find some talent already proven in the English game as a striker. I think it usually takes 1 season for players to get settled in to English football and we don't have that luxury in my opinion. I think we will see more from Kike this season, the same for Vossen if we sign him, I'll be gutted if either of them end up at another English club.

• Replies 23.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah we need at least one new striker that is proven domestically, whilst we will still have Kike who would have had a year to settle in, and we probably sign one more that will probably be a cheaper option, probably a youngster on loan from a Premier League club or from a foreign league.

Every striker from a foreign league with a good goalscoring record that we're linked with, our fans say "ohhh sounds like another Alves" :P

The only way I'd want us to sign Vossen is if the transfer fee and wages are far less than he would reportedly cost. He didn't look a natural fit into the #10 role that we generally used him.

Once bitten twice shy and all that I guess :)

I also think Vossens would fit us better if we didn't play Tomlin. Admittedly I'm not a fan of Tomlin's, but I think in trying to play him it is detrimental to Vossens style of play. From the limited number of games I was able to watch this season Tomlin was definitely able to win any game for us on his day, sadly he is far too inconsistent. Of the two I felt that Vossen is the one we will get the most benefit out of.

I was chatting with a Chelsea fan a few weeks back who said that Bamford returning to us isn't going to happen.  Chelsea have told him that he's not ready for them yet, so he's got to go and get another year's development under his belt, at a higher level than his previous loans.  Either Premiership or one of the European leagues.

Of course that's just the rumours from one guy, but I can't see him back with us either.  A sale is always an option as well if the price is right, and you'd think there'd be a few Prem clubs looking to stump up the cash after his time with us.

I'm sure AK would love to offer Vossen a return to Boro. A no nonsence player that does the job that's asked of him. We would see more goals from him if he was paired with a Rhodes type of striker. Last season he was playing with goal greedy strikers. You may not agree but think back to the many squandered chances we had where Tomlin, Kike and Bamford chose the wrong option when Vossen was clear.

I like McGoldrick, but he's not the type of player who's going to score a hatful on his own. He's a striker who will get you 10-15 a season, but lay on several more for other attacking players. Reckon he'd get another few goals out of the likes of Adomah and Tomlin, but he's far more adept at playing in a two striker system.

@NewsForBoro: #Boro have had a bid of £2.5M for Ipswich striker Daryl Murphy turned down. Source: SunSport

Apparently we've bid £2.5 million for a 32 year old striker who's in the last year of his contract...

@NewsForBoro: #Boro have had a bid of £2.5M for Ipswich striker Daryl Murphy turned down. Source: SunSport

Apparently we've bid £2.5 million for a 32 year old striker who's in the last year of his contract...

And who's just had one good season. Very much doubt that. Can't see us spending good money on a player that we have no chance of selling again.

Daryl Murphy has never done well at anywhere but Ipswich. He's not a great footballer, but is a great little goal scorer for them. Very much doubt anyone would pay £2.5m for him...

Does this mean our top targets (Bamford and Rhodes) are already out of the window? I dread to think what's further down this list if Murphy's a no-go as well

i personally think we should not sign vossen, he wont be back imo. he does not create chances, he's a striker with some quality bty i do rate him. when you consider we are not creative enough then you have to look at other options. he links well with the players round him and has the right team work ethic. we need more than that in 10 position though. he's not a right fit for our system at all.

that ipswich lad mcgoldrick is perfect for us though. its pleasing to hear that gill may also see this. i've a feeling the players we sign will be more suited to the system this season. last year we struggled big time to get in the players AK wanted apparently. This season must be easier for him, any player we are going for now will be easier convinced to sign knowing we are genuine promotion contenders.

AK SG wont let us down we will have a better squad by season start this time anyway, s he new lads coming in will make us very strong. LW,CF,RB,CF,CM when we get the new players in these position we'll be ery strong. Add carayol williams and damia coming back into the first team squad with pre season behind them.

I cant see us not finishing on a higher points total next season, replacing bamford wont be that much a deal, we will have better service and kike back to his confident self banging in the goals again. we'll score 20+ more league goals next season easy.