oneBoro Forum

Transfer Window - Summer 2015

I have absolutely no doubt that Downing will return one day, but I think that after how impressive he was last season I can't see past a Premier League club giving him a better option to us next season. If the deal happens then it will take a lot of flexibility on all 3 sides, but Downing will be absolutely key to a deal happeninng. If he is determined on coming back when he still has a lot to offer, then he deserves a huge amount of credit. He must have felt the pain of Wembley so hopefully he will put loyalty before money and join us this summer.

The EG seems a bit cock-sure that it's a possibility so Gibson might be more sure than the EG is allowed to let on. A top quality striker is still a higher priority though.

• Replies 23.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

so stewy signing for us from his dad. thats about as concrete a rumor as it gets lol.

if he does sign, he must have been the one to instigate the transfer to come home. or they want rid of him so bilic can rebuild and stewy said he's only going to leave for boro.

both scenario's he will have to take a huge wage drop to do it

either way if it happens stewy is going to make himself a bit of a legend for coming back.

good on you stewy if you lead us to glory you'll be right up there with the 86 hero's in my book.

82 – Stewart Downing had more shots (including blocked attempts) in the 2008/09 season than any other player who did not score.

I still think this sums Downing up- I know he's one of ours, and this opinion isn't widely shared, but Sunderland can have him.

Wow. Using a 6 year old stat to convince yourself he isn't good enough. Newsflash. We won't get any better. Maybe not even if we had gotten promoted.

It's almost as if Downing's primary role isn't to score goals...

Well, with Mido, Afonso Alves and Jeremie Aliadere up front, both wingers have to take some form of responsibility. Mind you, to be fair I watched about 8 games that season and I can't remember for the life of me who was on the other side.

Also we could have signed Callum Wilson from Coventry who was recommended by him but the club didn't want him.Please don't have a go just thought some might be interested.

Mentioned that a few times but hey happens to loads of clubs.

Doesn't look like the Ake deal is going to happen.

82 – Stewart Downing had more shots (including blocked attempts) in the 2008/09 season than any other player who did not score.

I still think this sums Downing up- I know he's one of ours, and this opinion isn't widely shared, but Sunderland can have him.

It's almost as if Downing's primary role isn't to score goals...

Well, with Mido, Afonso Alves and Jeremie Aliadere up front, both wingers have to take some form of responsibility. Mind you, to be fair I watched about 8 games that season and I can't remember for the life of me who was on the other side.

POLICE-STEP-AWAY.jpg

Wow. Using a 6 year old stat to convince yourself he isn't good enough. Newsflash. We won't get any better. Maybe not even if we had gotten promoted.

Not only is it a 6 year old stat, it is also probably the worst season he has had in his career ending in us being relegated and him moving on.

last season only david silva and fabregas created more chances (93) than downings 85, he's also completed the most accurate crosses (166) of any player in the league over the last two seasons. 

last season only david silva and fabregas created more chances (93) than downings 85, he's also completed the most accurate crosses (166) of any player in the league over the last two seasons. 

Yeah but that is his most recent season. Just wait six more years he might be rubbish again :P