oneBoro Forum

Transfer Window - Summer 2015

Tallentire reporting there's been no progress on the Downing front over the last fortnight. NE say £5m bid, Graeme Bailey suggesting we're going to offer him a staggering deal. Hmm, who to believe

It's a bit of a nothing article tbh, it spends most of the time telling us that stewy wants to come back, we want him back, if we'd been promoted he'd already be here etc, then says the finances are tricky.  Well yeah, we know all that already.

• Replies 23.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Talking about strikers within the same mold as this lad from Ipswich i wonder if anyone from the boro has had a look at Chris Martin from Derby. i think he would be a cracking signing.... 46 apps 21 goals in 2014/15 season. Great hold up play, draws in fouls in and around the box, has good pace for a big lad and with the likes of Tomlin AA Reach possibly downing supplying then i think he would bag a few for us.

received this from our new favourite source

BL SPORTS ‏@bloy100 · 2h2 hours ago

@pidge812 @untypicalboro My understanding is that Murphy has been offered improved terms as a result of Boro's interest. Move unlikely...

Only Boro fans would moan about signing the top scorer in the division! Haha

Moan about signing a 32 year old player for £4.5m who has had only had 1 good season since 00.

Only Boro fans would moan about signing the top scorer in the division! Haha

it's not the signing him it's how much has been quoted as the price, for £1-£1.5 mill I'd say go for it but not for the quoted £5m

Middlesbrough are now targeting Huddersfield Town striker Nahki Wells after missing out on Vossen and Ciftci. On Twitter

That's a rumour I prefer :D

Erm it has been tweeted by an account with an impressive total of 3 followers. Rumour dismissed.

Surely if we have 5 million to spend on one striker and with contacts with Kenyon and Mendes we could get an import with some genuine quality. British clubs have to pay over the odds for transfers within our own country. Don't ask me to name specific names I just mean as a general concept.

I wonder if we're put off buying abroad because of how kike struggled, plus even if we did have £5m we would still be limited to 2nd division players as no top league players would leave to play in the championship and if they do they would be from smaller top leagues like Belgium/Norway etc so again not proven quality.

Talking about strikers within the same mold as this lad from Ipswich i wonder if anyone from the boro has had a look at Chris Martin from Derby. i think he would be a cracking signing.... 46 apps 21 goals in 2014/15 season. Great hold up play, draws in fouls in and around the box, has good pace for a big lad and with the likes of Tomlin AA Reach possibly downing supplying then i think he would bag a few for us.

Chris Martin would probably be my dream signing as a forward. I doubt Derby will let him leave to a rival though, and I don't think 5 million is enough, considering he has done very well for them over several seasons.

He's not one for cooking up rumours for the sake of it - He's heard it from 'a very good source' apparently and expecting it to break in the coming days. Leads me to think that we've agreed a fee with West Ham. If it doesn't come off I won't share his insight again!!!