oneBoro Forum

Transfer Window - Summer 2015

Downing definitely isn't having his medical tomorrow. I reckon it's Baptiste and the guy on FMTTM has just heard wrongly if he's heard anything at all

It's neither of them...it's Daryl Murphy :P

• Replies 23.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

With the arrival of Baptiste and probably Kalas, I believe Nsue will no longer be right back cover. I expect him to challenge for a place further up the pitch. That would mean we will potentially have 5 wingers at the club (Adomah, Nsue, Reach, Wildschut, Carayol). I can't see them all being in AK's plan, I reckon Carayol will be gone to the highest bidder.

It probably also means Abella's Boro career is over. Shame.

Maybe we should wait for our interest in Baptiste to be confirmed before writing off Abella's Boro career.

I think Alex Baptiste is a very poor player, could prove to be a good signing and I could be wrong but I've never seen him play a good game since he left Blackpool.

I also think Damia is a very good RB and so is Kalas, both better than Baptiste.

@bloy100: Hearing that Jonathan Woodgate has now finally called time on his playing career at Boro. Looks like a move into coaching. #boro

Anyone think we could sell Nsue as we got him for free and could get at least £1m for him maybe, replace with Lewis mcgugan who I think is better and available for around £1.5m.

According to my dad last night he was at Rockcliffe and he saw downing in a lamborgini now he could of just being staying their over night while going to talk to sunderland but i thought it worth mentioning.

As opposed to staying at his own house ? I think your dads on the wind-up.

Regarding the original quote about Downing been in the area..... This part is 100% true, regarding him been in a Lamorgini!!! unless he went out and rented it that day, then this would be untrue. He was in his home that day but was in a Range... Im not trying to add to speculation or anything, just quoting what i seen with my own eyes.... Not what some blokes girlfriends dogs dad told me. He is here till Sunday and will return to London on Sunday evening.

Gazette confirm Baptiste is coming AND Downing bid, but say club are keeping schtum on Murphy... Makes it even more intriguing!

Also say we're after two front men, two midfielders and a right-back, wonder who they're lining up

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/alex-baptiste-boro-make-first-9585102#ICID=sharebar_twitter

It probably also means Abella's Boro career is over. Shame.

Maybe we should wait for our interest in Baptiste to be confirmed before writing off Abella's Boro career.

But isn't Abella being done for match-fixing?

The fact the Gazette lists the targets as 'two front men, two midfielders and a right-back' suggests that the Andujar rumour of last night may be nothing more than that. A rumour.

Wondering if the three behind the striker are being classed as 'front men' or 'midfielders'? Or perhaps the wingers as front men and the No 10 as an 'attacking' midfielder? Can't imagine us chasing two centre mids given we have Clayton, Leadbitter and Forshaw already. Unless one was to be sold, or were chasing two mids but with the view to only completing one deal?

So many possibilities! Finally someone concrete! :D

AVs response to someone asking him about Mariano Andujar was internet net rumour, but then tweeted "its not the keeper that was mentioned to me."

Does that mean we are intrested in some other Napoli player? Vargas maybe.

As good a player as Vargas is, as I said during Thead-Gate - he refused to play for QPR at one point last season. Refused to come on as a sub. Not the sort of personality I'd want in our dressing room; especially given how high morale seems to be in the camp as is.

He didnt exactly do much last season for QPR so i hope not. And to have Barton of all people come out and call him a bad boy then i for one hope its not him