• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Vossen was very wasteful he could have easily had 12-15 goals if he took his chances. How many times did he used to shoot straight at the keeper when he had the whole goal to aim at? I'm glad we didn't sign him. Kike had a better minutes per goal ratio than Vossen yet he gets all the blame.

I was going to post something similar then saw this. Totally agree. I know Kike was ours anyway but I'd much rather keep him than Vossen.

Genk have confirmed Vossen has signed for Burnley.

I'm gutted atm we better sign a good striker.

Must admit I am saddened about this news :s

Hopefully once we know where we are going it will not matter but I really think JV will be a  high scoring player next season

I'm disappointed too.. If we end up singing Murphy instead I will be angry.

Didn't Murphy score three times as many goals as Vossen? In a team tha finished lower in the division

Vossen was in and out our team with no consistent run of games..

This is why we haven't signed him. He will probably do well at burnley but he's not what AK is looking for so would of been in and out of the team again if we had signed him.

Vossen was very wasteful he could have easily had 12-15 goals if he took his chances. How many times did he used to shoot straight at the keeper when he had the whole goal to aim at? I'm glad we didn't sign him. Kike had a better minutes per goal ratio than Vossen yet he gets all the blame.

I was going to post something similar then saw this. Totally agree. I know Kike was ours anyway but I'd much rather keep him than Vossen.

I see Kike as being far more effective this season. Vossen seemed to have an unnecessary level of urgency to his play, he'd try to shoot first time with everything that came his way when taking a touch or 2 more would have set him up for a far easier chance.

Not fussed about Vossen, don't quite understand the Twitter meltdown because we haven't signed a player who was quite mediocre for us last year.

Me neither especially when it must be clear to everyone that we're going in a different direction.

Must admit I am saddened about this news :s

Hopefully once we know where we are going it will not matter but I really think JV will be a  high scoring player next season

Didn't Murphy score three times as many goals as Vossen? In a team tha finished lower in the division

What is he 32?... One prolific season doesn't wash with me..

Just watch who scores more this season.

I am not even sure we are going to sign Murphy. But maybe Karanka sees something in him that suits our system. Maybe he thinks Murphy is a better loan striker than Vossen. Maybe he believes that a strong CF surrounds by fast/skilful attacking players is the best way to score goals and not concede too many.

I really rate Vossen as a player but I trust Karanka to do what is best for the team.

If that was the case, Surely Kike would have been the answer? For me, Vossen will be missed as his work ethic and movement off the ball created a lot of the chances last season. A player of his ilk with perhaps a bit more pace is what I think we're looking at. Nothing against Murphy but spending that type of cash on a player of 32 years of age after one prolific season is a ridiculous gamble

DOWNING TALKS ONGOING

Sky sources understand talks are ongoing between Middlesbrough and West Ham over the signing of former England winger Stewart Downing.

We understand the 30-year-old would favour a move to the Riverside where he began his career. As yet there is no agreement between the two clubs.

Meanwhile, Middlesbrough are expecting to complete the signing of defender Alex Baptiste on a free transfer following his release by Bolton.

I am not even sure we are going to sign Murphy. But maybe Karanka sees something in him that suits our system. Maybe he thinks Murphy is a better loan striker than Vossen. Maybe he believes that a strong CF surrounds by fast/skilful attacking players is the best way to score goals and not concede too many.

I really rate Vossen as a player but I trust Karanka to do what is best for the team.

If that was the case, Surely Kike would have been the answer? For me, Vossen will be missed as his work ethic and movement off the ball created a lot of the chances last season. A player of his ilk with perhaps a bit more pace is what I think we're looking at. Nothing against Murphy but spending that type of cash on a player of 32 years of age after one prolific season is a ridiculous gamble

I think he did believe (and may still do) that Kike can be the answer. It is just that Kike went off the boil and stopped scoring about the same time as Bamford hit top gear. Kike and a Murphy/Lambert/A.N.other means we have options to bring in when one is out of form or injured.

I think Kike and Murphy play a similar game but Murphy scored a lot more goals.

I think he did believe (and may still do) that Kike can be the answer. It is just that Kike went off the boil and stopped scoring about the same time as Bamford hit top gear. Kike and a Murphy/Lambert/A.N.other means we have options to bring in when one is out of form or injured.

Kike was left very isolated at times last season. With the 3 players behind him providing a bit more support he'll score a lot more goals. After Bamford established himself Kike struggled to get a start and all too often was brought on when we ran out of ideas and just hoofed the ball up at him which doesn't help the guy.

I would take Murphy but the price tag is too much. Ipswich have been doing some good negotiating so far Mings and if rumours are believed Murphy for over 12million combined. Given the price quoted though I think we should leave it or maybe we are potentially using the story as a smokescreen for another significant move up front.

Kike was left very isolated at times last season. With the 3 players behind him providing a bit more support he'll score a lot more goals. After Bamford established himself Kike struggled to get a start and all too often was brought on when we ran out of ideas and just hoofed the ball up at him which doesn't help the guy.

I agree! I like Kike. I hope that whoever we bring in they are both battling to start by performing well. I think the whispers about playing a more attacking style this year is bound to help whoever plays up top.

Maybe dropping one of Leadbitter and Clayton and playing Downing CM? Or having an on form Carayol and Adomah either side of Downing behind a striker? That sHould surely mean goals.