oneBoro Forum

Transfer Window - Summer 2015

BL SPORTS ‏@bloy100  7h7 hours ago

@timmov and apparently they'llhave some guy on trial in Marbella called Jonathan from a Spanish club that looks the part

this guy, play striker or rw, adomahs replacement? (if qpr come knocking)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfrFnrSDFSo

some more info on him from earlier in the thread, he was on loan at elche with option to buy for 1.5mill euro. he was a big hit, won many fans. elche bought him and wish to sell him immediately for a big profit.

• Replies 23.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hopefully we send out Mejias on loan to a League One/Two side this season. Think with a run of games, he could iron out a few issues with his game and become a good keeper in a couple of seasons time. Just look at Jayson Leutwiler... I'd say Mejias is a better keeper than him from what we saw of both at Boro, but he's been excellent at Shrewsbury.

Your right CT, I have no idea.. Just like no one on this forum has... Common sense tells me that a championship club has no chance of signing a premier league player earning approx £70K a week with 2 years left on he's contract. I think its delusional to think we will sign Downing...

I hope he does sign for us though :)

Some people do.  Anyway, since when do you have common sense  :huh:  :P

When you grow up you'll realise that some things in life are more important than money especially when you already have quite a lot of it.  In this case however I don't think Downing will be losing out too much financially.  A 2 year deal is fine but he's 31 soon and lets say he ran out his contract with West Ham, I don't think he'd be getting too many great offers once it's done.  So a move now and longer contract with lower wages means he still earns something approaching his current deal but he also gets a longer contract and the opportunity to play for his club again.  Nothing about this transfer is delusional, it's actually entirely logical.

When you grow up... With comments like that your the one who needs to do the growing up..Im no kid so stop with insults like that.

Tip for the mods... When you come a cross insulting comments it would be a good idea to edit that comment/Post and remind that person to stop with the insults... It could and has caused pages of arguing.

Men

We all know the rules. Occasional rib poking and Micky taking is encouraged and welcomed. However respect has to be the the underlying tone. The first part of CT's reply was obviously tongue in cheek and think we all read it that way.

I understood that the 'Growing up' part could be taken the wrong way. Me personally thought it was condescending not really abusive, so would much rather you guys dealt with it yourselves either through PM or ignore and move on.

As for deleting or editing members posts unless it is offensive that would just open a whole world of hurt.

Another other discussion needed please feel free to PM me.... Uwe

Hopefully we send out Mejias on loan to a League One/Two side this season. Think with a run of games, he could iron out a few issues with his game and become a good keeper in a couple of seasons time. Just look at Jayson Leutwiler... I'd say Mejias is a better keeper than him from what we saw of both at Boro, but he's been excellent at Shrewsbury.

I think getting Mejias and Ripley out on loan would be great for both of them. If they can't though then Learning from Given at the club would still be a great experience for them. I'm sure he would tuck them under his wing

I think getting Mejias and Ripley out on loan would be great for both of them. If they can't though then Learning from Given at the club would still be a great experience for them. I'm sure he would tuck them under his wing

I think Mejias will head back to Spain. Has one year left on contract. Cant see him wanting to be third choice. Doesn't seem to have a future here.

Gazette say hes signing today. Very good signing, but gotta feel for Dimi after last season. Given is a quality keeper so to get him on a free (no idea on wages) is very good business. Its definitely an all out season with the players we are after. It has to come off

I'm going to take a guess and say we get concrete news of a signing today and we will sign that player between now and  the end of tomorrow.

Haha.. Not sure if this counts now as I seem to have posted it the same time the Gazette put out the Shay story...

Blimey I don't think anyone seen that coming.. Given must start IMO but Dimi will be gutted.

I loved Given when he was here so to get him back on a free, even though he is 39, makes me very happy :).

As if our defence needed improving :P. Now lets bring Stewy home!

Karanka likes to give his second choice keeper a run in cup games. We'll still see Dimi in the beautiful blue keeper lit next season!

If I were Ronnie Moore, though, I'd be putting in a cheeky enquiry with Dimi's agent to see if he fancied moving back to Hartlepool for his swan song. He wants to be in the NE with his family, he's a Hartlepool legend, and a good Championship quality keeper...

Must have some sort of coaching role included considering his age. Could well be an exciting season, so lets hope we hit the ground running as with everything we are seemingly throwing at this season, its bordering on win or bust!