oneBoro Forum

Transfer Window - Summer 2015

So what is is about Murphy that everyone hates? Is it his previous record as a bit part player and winger that nobody wants him? Can he not finish? Is his work rate poor? Poor heading ability? Not very strong/poor hold up?

I just don't get all the hate. People don't just score nearly 30 goals by accident or mistake surely?

Look over the last few pages. Pretty sure everything you asked has been covered on both sides - positive and negative.

Sorry I was being facetious

Fair play. Facetiousness doesn't come across well on a forum when you've had a few drinks... Touché though ;)

• Replies 23.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@paulfraserecho: @BoroLadd Boro are trying on all sorts of things at the minute. Any updates I will print

Very interesting times ahead. The Gazette said this could turn out to be a remarkable transfer window. The club must have some absolute diamonds lined up.

Downing expected to be announced on Saturday.... source is from U21 squad.... initial talks have been held.... only thing holding it up is Downing.... Reason unknown.

Downing expected to be announced on Saturday.... source is from U21 squad.... initial talks have been held.... only thing holding it up is Downing.... Reason unknown.

That's strange. Everyone else seems to think it's the clubs still trying to finalise the payments which is holding everything up. Unless he's going to do a Shay Given on us :D

Maybe he wants another box of Astros a week... Or he needs to complete a medical... Or Stoke have made an 11th hour bid?

Downing expected to be announced on Saturday....  source is from U21 squad.... initial talks have been held.... only thing holding it up is Downing.... Reason unknown.

That's strange. Everyone else seems to think it's the clubs still trying to finalise the payments which is holding everything up. Unless he's going to do a Shay Given on us :D

I said exactly that. the only thing i can think is that maybe he isnt happy what the club have offered in how his wages will be paid IE goal/ starting bonus in conjunction with guaranteed wage (this part is my opinion and pure speculation)

I'm not sure an u21 player would know anything about our transfers unless he knew Downing personally

Lets just say i have known this U21 most of his life, and normally he is really tight lipped about things like this, but was speaking with him today and he told me what i have told use.... Not sure if i believe it 100% myself or if it is just training ground chatter..... But this lad is off to Marbella with the 1st team on monday and maybe involved at york... He has been training with the 1st since arriving back, but thats just down to the lack of first team players in that position.

Again pure speculation, and 1st time i have taken any info from this lad.... hoping its true, and if it is confirmed on Saturday il be buying the lad a beer to keep him sweet for future ;)

Thought I'd sign up after years of reading, in reference to the goalkeeper question option that was posted earlier I would love to see us sign Daniel Bentley from Southend, the lad is top draw for his age

Thought I'd sign up after years of reading, in reference to the goalkeeper question option that was posted earlier I would love to see us sign Daniel Bentley from Southend, the lad is top draw for his age

Definitely agree he's a talent. Great future in the game - but I do think that a more experienced keeper is needed for our position.

P.S. Welcome, Carl!

Although there isn't any REAL transfer news, bar Downing which I'd be over the moon with, is anyone else getting rather excited with our potential line up next season? I think me may pull a worldy out the bag on top of Downing and one of the many strikers mentioned.