oneBoro Forum

Transfer Window - Summer 2015

Woodgate yes sorry

Few n far between tho

And there was Adomah off a corner vs Ipswich and Tomlin vs Charlton and Friend vs Forest and Ayala against Blackpool and several others.

There were some statistics showing we were one of the better teams for scoring goals off corners in the division last season!

Our weakness was breaking down teams that were sitting back, and lacking a target man running the channels or wanting the ball on his head in the box could potentially have been down to that.

Ayala at home against Birmingham, Bamford at home to Brentford, Wildschut at home to Norwich, and who could forget Tettey's bullet header to give us the points at Carrow Road?

• Replies 23.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They sent Keith Lamb last week start nodding 4 million times. He's currently standing in the corner of the Espanyol chairmans office nodding and he is fast approching the 4 million mark (well as fast as an old man can). We should have sent Divine Brown...

we always tend to get foreign strikers who don't do as well.

It's not just the foreigners, mate... Barring Bamford and Tuncay, we've not had another striker who has genuinely done well in years. Not since McClaren left for England!

Emnes, Jutkiewicz, Kamara, Main, Ishmael Miller, Lee Miller, McDonald, Killen, Boyd, Lita, Alves, Bent, Folan, King, Kitson, Mido, Aliadiere, Nimley, Ogbeche, Williams...

There's a lot of English / British names on that list who've failed dismally - not just the foreigners.

Also quite depressing to pull some of those names from the depths of my mind...

in open play how man headers did we win, i know leadbitter and vossen got one each(brentford) and kike got 2 decent ones(fulham/blackpool). none of them were the shearer type were he powers in a cross after bouncing a cb out of the way. we never had that threat at all nearly ever cross was just cleared without pressure. we had no target in there at all. really poor that part of our game. the uruguayan lad will make sure thats not the case this season.

another thing we will see different with this type of player in the team. when we are punting balls up field when pressed back and out of options (all season issue) it wont come straight back every time. i got totally sick of lofted balls going up to bamford esp and he just wimped out and barely won one all season. kike was frustrating as hell to, he hated that part of it. tying to bring those lofted balls onto your chest is not helping anyone, cbs just stuck a free head on it. vossen used to try and win headers better than the other two but he's to small and not strong enough.

blackburn miffed me off, as we were pressing them back all the time we could not keep the pressure on them enough because gestede and rhodes were winning the ball in these aerial challenges and relieving the pressure on them all the time. proper showed up our weakness in that area. if we had gestede and rhodes cf and no10 last season we would of broke 100 points.

It's not just the foreigners, mate... Barring Bamford and Tuncay, we've not had another striker who has genuinely done well in years. Not since McClaren left for England!

Emnes, Jutkiewicz, Kamara, Main, Ishmael Miller, Lee Miller, McDonald, Killen, Boyd, Lita, Alves, Bent, Folan, King, Kitson, Mido, Aliadiere, Nimley, Ogbeche, Williams...

There's a lot of English / British names on that list who've failed dismally - not just the foreigners.

This post should be banned I feel ill just reading some of those names :S

Dont forget lee dong gook! :D

Sorry Smigsterking... There came a point when I was typing the names and new ones were coming into my brain when the memory of Prowler's vinegar antics entered my minds eye. That vision was far less painful than remembering some of those names...

OH DEAR GOD IT GETS WORSE!!!

It's funny watching the mackems on twitter crying because palace signed cabaye, stoke are after shaqiri, newcastle are signing that psv lad, and they're "only" after downing. Bless them :D

Player of the Week this week on FIFA Ultimate Team ;)

Lee dong gook is in form on fifa, literally can't believe it. He was terrible for us.

Harsh though, Viduka, Hasselbaink and the yak were our last great strikers. But I guess every team has them sort of players. Quite rare a team will have amazing strikers all the time each season

Player of the Week this week on FIFA Ultimate Team ;)

Lol that not difficult consider the quality of the teams playing right now.

Pretty sure I could get in team of the week right now and I once managed to kick the ball into MY OWN FACE when playing 5 a side :D