oneBoro Forum

Transfer Window - Summer 2015

we always tend to get foreign strikers who don't do as well.

It's not just the foreigners, mate... Barring Bamford and Tuncay, we've not had another striker who has genuinely done well in years. Not since McClaren left for England!

Emnes, Jutkiewicz, Kamara, Main, Ishmael Miller, Lee Miller, McDonald, Killen, Boyd, Lita, Alves, Bent, Folan, King, Kitson, Mido, Aliadiere, Nimley, Ogbeche, Williams...

There's a lot of English / British names on that list who've failed dismally - not just the foreigners.

Also quite depressing to pull some of those names from the depths of my mind...

Dont forget lee dong gook! :D

Player of the Week this week on FIFA Ultimate Team ;)

Lol that not difficult consider the quality of the teams playing right now.

Pretty sure I could get in team of the week right now and I once managed to kick the ball into MY OWN FACE when playing 5 a side :D

That is a fantastic skill.. Almost defies the laws of physics!!

• Replies 23.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's not just the foreigners, mate... Barring Bamford and Tuncay, we've not had another striker who has genuinely done well in years. Not since McClaren left for England!

Emnes, Jutkiewicz, Kamara, Main, Ishmael Miller, Lee Miller, McDonald, Killen, Boyd, Lita, Alves, Bent, Folan, King, Kitson, Mido, Aliadiere, Nimley, Ogbeche, Williams...

There's a lot of English / British names on that list who've failed dismally - not just the foreigners.

Also quite depressing to pull some of those names from the depths of my mind...

Pretty sure I could get in team of the week right now and I once managed to kick the ball into MY OWN FACE when playing 5 a side :D

I once kneed myself in the head. The ball sat up and my brain told me to head it my impulse reaction was to control it on my thigh. Holding back the tears was the toughest thing I have ever done given the group i was playing with.

I once kneed myself in the head. The ball sat up and my brain told me to head it my impulse reaction was to control it on my thigh. Holding back the tears was the toughest thing I have ever done given the group i was playing with.

Sounds about right. Its incredible how easily the laws of physics can be broken when it comes to making yourself look lile an @rse!

Sounds about right. Its incredible how easily the laws of physics can be broken when it comes to making yourself look lile an @rse!

Are you Jamie Pollock? :P

Woodgate yes sorry

Few n far between tho

And there was Adomah off a corner vs Ipswich and Tomlin vs Charlton and Friend vs Forest and Ayala against Blackpool and several others.

There were some statistics showing we were one of the better teams for scoring goals off corners in the division last season!

Our weakness was breaking down teams that were sitting back, and lacking a target man running the channels or wanting the ball on his head in the box could potentially have been down to that.

Ayala at home against Birmingham, Bamford at home to Brentford, Wildschut at home to Norwich, and who could forget Tettey's bullet header to give us the points at Carrie Road?

Amorabieta scored from a corner against Brentford too

KM EXCLUSIVE: Reports in Portugal/Spain say Stuani is now in advanced negotiations with Boro. Espanyol have lined up another Uruguayan, Rodriguez from Benfica, to replace him.

KM EXCLUSIVE: Reports in Portugal/Spain say Stuani is now in advanced negotiations with Boro. Espanyol have lined up another Uruguayan, Rodriguez from Benfica, to replace him.

Link?

Link?

here it is 

http://www.record.xl.pt/Futebol/Nacional/1a_liga/Benfica/interior.aspx?content_id=961233

Espanyol is in advanced talks with Middlesbrough for the transfer of Christian Stuani and the successor only intended for the Uruguayan striker is another Uruguayan, who plays for Benfica: Jonathan Rodriguez.

The newspaper "Mundo Deportivo" writes Jonathan Rodríguez awaits a decision by Rui Vitória to know that does or not part of the plans of the new coach of Benfica for the season 2015/16.

Jonarhan was traded to the Peñarol in January, with Benfica to inform the Commission of the Securities Market (CMVM) that had guaranteed the striker on loan until the end of the season 2016/17, acquiring 40 percent of economic, with a purchase option for the remaining 60 percent, as well as for the definitive acquisition of sports rights.

Link?

here it is 

http://www.record.xl.pt/Futebol/Nacional/1a_liga/Benfica/interior.aspx?content_id=961233

Espanyol is in advanced talks with Middlesbrough for the transfer of Christian Stuani and the successor only intended for the Uruguayan striker is another Uruguayan, who plays for Benfica: Jonathan Rodriguez.

The newspaper "Mundo Deportivo" writes Jonathan Rodríguez awaits a decision by Rui Vitória to know that does or not part of the plans of the new coach of Benfica for the season 2015/16.

Jonarhan was traded to the Peñarol in January, with Benfica to inform the Commission of the Securities Market (CMVM) that had guaranteed the striker on loan until the end of the season 2016/17, acquiring 40 percent of economic, with a purchase option for the remaining 60 percent, as well as for the definitive acquisition of sports rights.

Merci

I'm quite positive about the Stuani transfer.. Think he could be a bit more effective than Vossen but at the moment that's just conjecture and we shall have to wait and see.. In Karanka we trust

McEachran to Brentford for 500k, someone we could've gone for?

Possibly, if we wanted a paceless, effortless, strengthless crab!

He doesn't fit the mould of the industrious, powerful, box to box midfielders we have at the club. And he's not as good as Grant or Clayton, nor is he a better option to Tomlin.

He's kind of a nothing player who keeps possession and does little else. If he would attempt an attacking pass or a shot once in a blue moon he could be a cracking player.

I recall when he played for us when he dribbled past 6 opposition players and was in the 6 yard box, still wouldn't pull the trigger or attempt a pass and any threat he'd created was immediately smothered.