• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'd take Wayne Hennessey, Ali Al-Habsi and Alex McCarthy, I genuinely think all three are top quality keepers.

Harper and Sorensen aren't good enough to replace Dimi, for me.

Al-Habsi would be a great back-up to Dimi, especially on a free

Also, I know nothing about Stuani. Can anyone sum him up for me? His Wikipedia goalscoring record for a striker doesn't fill me with confidence.

Also, I know nothing about Stuani. Can anyone sum him up for me? His Wikipedia goalscoring record for a striker doesn't fill me with confidence.

Strong, powerful Uruguayan international striker.

Gets played on the wing and in midfield and many of his Espanyol appearances have been in those positions or as a sub (12 goals in 37 doesn't sound earth shattering, 12 in 15 starts sounds a hell of a lot better).

Think the guy is well regarded (and as a striker to get 22 caps must be doing something right when his competition includes Suarez and Cavani) and has played most of his career football at a top flight level.

Gets played on the wing and in midfield and many of his Espanyol appearances have been in those positions or as a sub (12 goals in 37 doesn't sound earth shattering, 12 in 15 starts sounds a hell of a lot better).

Think the guy is well regarded (and as a striker to get 22 caps must be doing something right when his competition includes Suarez and Cavani) and has played most of his career football at a top flight level.

Super. Sounds great! :D

stuani must have been buzzing about moving to england with the chance of premier league football and a massive pay rise this year and another one if we went up. to actually leave la liga from a decent mid-table side. AK must have the pull and club has done well here.

i joking told a norwich fan mate we'll sign better players than them this summer. its looking likely atm.

that elche player jonathas he's the one we are supposed to be having on trial over in marbella. now if we got that lad signed on, it would be great. i think it would mean some outgoing are planned from the first team. dont know who maybe the rumours of adomah going to qpr might happen. whats he worth to us? 4million? some qpr fans were laughing at the 2 million figure quoted in the press like they would have no chance at that price.

..............kike

downing stuani jonathas

lots of class in that set up. stewy's passing and crossing, stuani's guile, power and workrate and the skill and trickery and speed of the brazilian. kike sat in the box finishing it all off.

maybe what AK is after. might not get them all though, adomah might stay, we not bother with jonathas and have him on the right instead.

Super. Sounds great! :D

He featured in the Uruguay vs England game at last summers World Cup

Last season:

12 goals in 15 starts and 22 substitute appearances

Played 1,746 mins of football - so averaged a goal every 145 minutes.

That average is pretty impressive. If he did manage to replicate that, he'd score 28/29 goals in a Championship season. All that from a player who doesn't always play as the main striker, either...

Last season:

That average is pretty impressive. If he did manage to replicate that, he'd score 28/29 goals in a Championship season. All that from a player who doesn't always play as the main striker, either...

Seems a lot better stat than 18 in 71 :P Also didn't know before just now that he was also played as a winger. What's his assist record like?

Don't think the report from Spain on Stuani has been posted: http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/espanyol/christian-stuani-interesa-middlesbrough-4342828

Translation: The Uruguayan Christian Stuani has on the table a tempting offer Middelsbrough. The coaching Aitor Karanka club and currently plays in the English Championship would be interested in signing the player to strengthen his forward line.

The English club has offered to Espanyol almost 4 million euros to sign the player. For his part, if he accepts the offer, Stuani almost double the record that currently has with Espanyol.

It is a tempting financial offer. However, it would be a small step back on a sporting level since happen to play in one of the most important leagues in the world to play in the English second division.

Last season:

Seems a lot better stat than 18 in 71 :P Also didn't know before just now that he was also played as a winger. What's his assist record like?

42 goals + 14 assists in 9967 minutes (or about 111 full games) of football in La Liga.

10 goals in 22 appearances in the Copa Del Rey

22 in 39 in the Spanish Second Division.

Looks like he's been used as a striker primarily in the Segunda Division and in the Copa Del Rey as he has no assists there in 61 games but 32 goals, whereas in La Liga his record for goalscoring drops from 1 in 2 to 1 in 3 but he gets a bunch more assists.

His stats in Italian football seem a little pointless to post as he was a sub 14 times in his 17 appearances and played 424 minutes (less than 5 games!) but regardless in that time he scored once and assisted twice.