• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

wish him a speedy recovery, these leg snaps can end careers.

as a squad is not the end of the world damia will be back before long and willams? until then we get more than one injury and could end up with friend cb.

husband friend kalas nsue

thats with gibson ayala baptiste all out. this is probably a worst case scenario. still looks like a capable defence to me.

Damia's months away yet and that's before we see what kind of player he is when he comes back. How have age, injury and off the field issues effected him?

I'd have to disagree on that looking capable. Kalas isn't signed (although we all expect he will) and has looked shocking every time I've him play CB. Nsue may at best be a right wing back but he's not a rb his positional play is really poor.

so you want players(several) to cover positions who are as good as the first choice players in that position? 

football doesnt work like that does it. if you first choice lads are all out its not going to be as good regardless of what club your at.

adequate cover is all we need, a few other players who can fill in. not 3 or 4 player who are the same quality for the same position.

if we get an injury crisis we'll get loans in. but you dont sign several player permanently while others in the squad are injured. we need to keep the squad small, we cant afford 50 players in the first tam squad.

its a squad game but what your asking for is unrealistic.

Of course I do especially when the alternative is just play anyone anywhere.

Look at last season woody, omerou, ayala,, Gibson, nando. All good players all cb's. Vossen and Tomlin, Leadbitter, Clayton, foreshaw and Whitehead.

It's not unrealistic its the very essence of a squad made up of two for each position. If one gets injured, suspended or form drops another comes in. It means you're not making two or three changes to cover one.

Also where did I say sign or make any reference to perminant deals, I'm happy to debate with you but please read what I said. It does no one any good if you are just going to make stuff up because I disagreed with you.

yes another lad was moaning about us needing loads more signings not you mate, i think i got lost in what i was arguing about lol. 

the squad 'is what it is' atm we need another cb and a rb to cover while we wait for williams damia and baptise to get back. kalas coming in covers rb and cb. our proper cover at cb is weak but its still there. so we would need another cb as good as ayala and gibson. but to have 2 more cbs and 2 more rbs getting brought in crazy talk. kalas and another similar type who can play both positions would be ideal.

Anyone got jozsef varga's number?

That Bosnian RB we tried to sign last year, Vrsajevic, is a free agent, i wonder if he'd qualify for a work permit now.

Would love Varga back.

That Bosnian RB we tried to sign last year, Vrsajevic, is a free agent, i wonder if he'd qualify for a work permit now.

yes i liked the look of him, great crosser and quite quick. maybe try and find out how many times he's played for bosnia this last year. he was only 1 appearance away from getting clearance.

Would love Varga back.

I wouldn't, he a defensive midfielder.

The whole reason we didn't sign him was because of that. Karanka wanted a right back, not a defensive midfielder.

We might as well have just kept whitehead if we wanted a DM at right back. I think we will be looking at free agents to get cover in. Don't think we will be loaning both kalas and another player as one of them wouldn't get much game time, and who wants to be loaned out to sit on the bench. Surely there are other players out there like Babtiste.

whats the odds on our next signing being Kalas, i can see him pushing it through sharpish intime for the flight on monday. Any thoughts?

Ben Gibson isn't going to Marbella because of the euros U21 and is given an extended holiday. I expect that to be the case as well for Kalas.

@dynamo keV, that's cool. Not going to quote as it may get massive.

I think if we say Ayala Gibson and Bap are a cb's that leaves space in the squad for 1 more. With then a need for 2 rb's. Assuming Kalas is done that leaves us now needing one CB and one RB.

How we get these I don't really care (sign,loan or promote). I just don't want to see us making multiple changes to cover 1 absence.

forget the bosnian lad, he last played for them in september last year. he's normally on the bench for the qualifiers but for some reason he's never got a game even in friendlies. well i say for some reason but obviously not good enough.

bloy reckons early next week we'll get downing. everything is agreed but waiting on them bringing in a player early week.

he's also saying kalas is already with us, anyone see him at the game today?

Chelsea Youth ‏@chelseayouth 20m20 minutes ago

Also, whilst neither club has made it official yet, Tomas Kalas is going to be with Middlesbrough for the season. He's with them already.

--

you beat me to it dynamo

@dynamo keV, that's cool. Not going to quote as it may get massive.

I think if we say Ayala Gibson and Bap are a cb's that leaves space in the squad for 1 more. With then a need for 2 rb's. Assuming Kalas is done that leaves us now needing one CB and one RB.

How we get these I don't really care (sign,loan or promote). I just don't want to see us making multiple changes to cover 1 absence.

if kalas is first choice rb why cant we use nsue at rb? at home he wont have the problem of being turned all the time. he'll do well bombing on. just one more cb and were set maybe :)

I'd happily have Fredericks back for another season . But for what ever reason that happened at the back end of last season where he stopped being involved in match day squads and what not , it won't happen again .

But when he played especially when he got a good run in the team about mid way through season he was good.