oneBoro Forum

Transfer Window - Summer 2015

The angle isn't great, for starters. That isn't ever going to be a flattering angle for tomlin.

Also I'm not saying he hasn't come back from his break with a bit of excess weight, Lee seems to put it on easily so chances are he has. He'll lose it just like last year.

However, he always has and always will look chubby in pics regardless of how physically fit he is.

Last season he lost 1.5 stone and STILL looked bad in pics. He's just built like that.

As someone else pointed out earlier the weight isn't even really in the right place to be weight he's put on. That's just how he looks all the time.

Edit: snowblind: it's a bad angle and I bet you could turn up pics of him looking like that last season without much difficulty.

• Replies 23.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

People are being so over dramatic with regards to this "photo". I have seen plenty of other photos online of him training and he looks no bigger than he was last season. Some people just don't like him so are jumping on this photo to beat him with. He is one of the most creative midfielder in the championship. Please can someone name me a more creative midfielder who we can realistically sign for a reasonable price who is proven in this division...

People are being so over dramatic with regards to this "photo". I have seen plenty of other photos online of him training and he looks no bigger than he was last season. 

Yeah, but you can't call him preggers in those photos so it's no fun :(

@CraigHope_DM

Stewart Downing set for £5m Boro return. Understand contract (while complicated by clauses) will be 35k p/w doubling to 70k if promoted.

Quite a big outlay from Gibbo!

People are being so over dramatic with regards to this "photo". I have seen plenty of other photos online of him training and he looks no bigger than he was last season. Some people just don't like him so are jumping on this photo to beat him with. He is one of the most creative midfielder in the championship. Please can someone name me a more creative midfielder who we can realistically sign for a reasonable price who is proven in this division...

Downing ;)

Anyone defending him, just how long into a game will he last when he is that size? Will be knackered after about 30 mins

He was much bigger when at Peterborough. And he contributed to over 20 goal in his 'biggest' season. So I'm going to hazard a guess at... 90 minutes?

I've been fighting the same fight all season mate. Getting tired of wasting my breath.

Consequently this is the reason why I didn't renew my season ticket in the last 2 years before I left england. I'd had one for 9 years but the people in the Riverside just drove me mad with this same type of thing.

Switched from all home and a fair few away games to going to all away games and some home and enjoyed it so much more.

It does look a bit like an alien is about to burst out of his stomach though and I can't believe that will help him unlock championship defences this season.

Jesus Jonathas Brazilian striker linked with Sevilla to strengthen its spearhead, No Wednesday has achieved the expected termination of his contract with Elche; the ram thought something get in the Labour Court of Elche after a long view it will take longer than expected.

According assure STADIUM Deportivo from Elche, the judge will sentence until late September, early October; with the season already started. A decision that would have sat like a bucket of cold water in the environment of the player, waiting to get a 'precautionary' to grant him some freedom. However, the future of Brazilian still handcuffed few months, having to agree with Elche, meanwhile, Sevilla or any team that wants to gain the services of striker.

In Elche, obviously, they do not expect it after everything happened, so the operation by the Brazilian seems today rather confusing.

well looks like elche have got their way. anyone who want him this transfer window will need to negotiate with them.

Downing ;)

I used that answer to a similar question a little earlier.

The first day back the players are weighed and put through fitness tests. If tomlin was seriously over what he finished last season he would have been fined by the club and wouldn't be playing until he hit a certain weight. All his stats must be within the given limit or ak wouldn't have him on the pitch. If we are going to trust ak with millions then surely we trust him to pick only players who are physically fit. Have some faith in AK and get off Tomlins back

Downing ;)

Downing isn't proven in this division ;p