oneBoro Forum

Transfer Window - Summer 2015

a little of topic, I'm in the military and live in cyprus, anyone know how next season i can listen to the boro games? if i sign unto boro+ or what ever its called will that allow me? cheers guys! Oh and when do the squad numbers get released?

• Replies 23.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

To be honest I really do not think Chelsea will make a decision on Bamford until very close to the end of the window so would not expect to see him here again until the season has started.

He is training with his club and I guess he will be probably be an option for the bench or other non league games

The Chelsea Youth twitter said this morning that Patrick, Ake and one other were left behind as they prepare to go out on loan. 

Didn't think it would be to us though, let's hope this comes to fruition.

To be honest I really do not think Chelsea will make a decision on Bamford until very close to the end of the window so would not expect to see him here again until the season has started.

He is training with his club and I guess he will be probably be an option for the bench or other non league games

The Chelsea Youth twitter said this morning that Patrick, Ake and one other were left behind as they prepare to go out on loan. 

Didn't think it would be to us though, let's hope this comes to fruition.

What position does One Other play? Would he add anything to our squad?

a little of topic, I'm in the military and live in cyprus, anyone know how next season i can listen to the boro games? if i sign unto boro+ or what ever its called will that allow me? cheers guys! Oh and when do the squad numbers get released?

Aye mate, should still let you. I've got friends abroad who listen through Boro+, but not sure if they've had to go through a server changer... will drop you a PM with something which will allow you for certain.

Downing has passed his medical will be en-route to Marbs this afternoon

That was quick, makes me think he might have had his proper medical a couple of days ago and this was just a check up.

Boro+ is all you need mate, it's had a major upgrade over the summer.

Thanks for your service UTB!

Bamford, stuani and downing... Yep I'd have taken that! Think if we pull off the bamford transfer the squad will be almost complete bar a couple of defensive reinforcements.

Still need some additions up front mind , our problem was goal scoring par Bamford last season . If we get him back the only forward we will have changed from last season is stuani for vossen. Still for me another striker in .

I'd absolutely love to see Bamford back next season, so excited if there's anything in this. I'd take him over any of the other strikers mentioned previous.. we know he can score goals even when he didnt start for first few months last season, he knows the team will have no settling in period... and the thought of Stuani, Downing and Bamford as a front three is making me need to change my pants!

Still need some additions up front mind , our problem was goal scoring par Bamford last season . If we get him back the only forward we will have changed from last season is stuani for vossen. Still for me another striker in .

Then Wed have 4 strikers playing for one position...

I highly doubt that "reshaping the entire front line" just meant swapping Vossen for Stuani. Frankly I wouldn't be confident with just Bamford and Kike either, considering Stuani seems to be more a CF than a line-leading striker.

Bamford, as we've seen, cannot effectively play up top in our 4-2-3-1, and goes missing frequently when isolated in games (Bournemouth, Watford, Play-Off Final). For me "experienced championship striker" simply has to refer to somebody else, whose had more than 1 successful season in this league.

Downing and Carayol change that picture completely though.I'm not saying you're wrong, just that Downing/Bamford/Adomah/Stuani will all presumably expect to start. Carayol/Tomlin/Kike will be all wanting to start, and Wildschut/Reach will be expecting to kick on from last season and feature more. And that's not even taking U21's into account. Not sure where another striker will fall in the pecking order.

I highly doubt that "reshaping the entire front line" just meant swapping Vossen for Stuani. Frankly I wouldn't be confident with just Bamford and Kike either, considering Stuani seems to be more a CF than a line-leading striker.

Bamford, as we've seen, cannot effectively play up top in our 4-2-3-1, and goes missing frequently when isolated in games (Bournemouth, Watford, Play-Off Final). For me "experienced championship striker" simply has to refer to somebody else, whose had more than 1 successful season in this league.

I have to disagree with saying he can't play effectively in that formation. You don't bang in the goals he did if you're not comfortable in that set up. I can think of a few other games where he was magic.

Yeah Bournemouth, Watford he didn't play well, same as the other 10 men on the pitch and if you don't have the ball as a team it's tough to make an impression on the game as a striker. This to me isn't being ineffective in that position, you can pick any striker on the planet and if the team are having a bad day you don't often say "but the striker was immense." Play off final he was injured. No point in working through that one.

The best I've seen him lead the line funny enough was the 25mins before he got injured against Norwich. For me he was so dangerous, he looked like he was going to score any minute and he was giving their defenders a nightmare with his movement. Although I am open to suggestions of other better performances, just that and Derby really really stick out for me. :)