• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Didn't AV say that Rhodes wasn't a target anymore? I'm not questioning stubbzy or anything I'm just trying the get everything straight in my head?!

I assume we lost interest over money and I assume the interest would reignite if financial demands were lowered. Very interesting stuff..... and in my timezone by the time I wake up I'll have 20 pages to catch up on again!!!!

Would love it if we could get Rhodes. Obviously if Gibbo green lights it then we are good for money and if not I'm sure there are other irons in the fire! Exciting stuff

Funny how things go full circle, how many times have I been saying about Rhodes being number 1 target and here we are again.

He has to be the most logical choice and let's face it things have gone very quiet on that front, not a peep out of Blackburn etc etc.

I am sure Boro will try to do their very best to get him here and maybe a outgoing to help finance it all. The club is thinking promotion we know that and if Bamford does not come back then it must surely be Rhodes we are working on until the club admits defeat or until Blackburn allow him to go. As many have said their circumstances have not changed as yet.

On another matter why are so many getting wound up about this chap Bloy? There is always someone who is very close to the correct info going out there and this season it seems as if it is him. Remember #07 he was pretty spot on with his info and a pity he is not around due to being shot down so often.

It adds fun and allows discussion to the forum especially when the said info becomes accurate. At the end of the day Boro will sign the players they want whether or not we are privy to that information.

Another however along these lines, whilst I appreciate that it may very well be simply a case of just having fun and getting involved with the forum as a newer member, there are ways and means and codes of conduct that most members want on this forum so please do not come into the forum spouting utter rubbish and in the way that people will take exception to resulting in farcical posts that seriously could spoil the forum for others.

Without naming names I really could not believe what I was reading, it felt that we had become fmttm last night with the stupidity of the posts and the fact that sexual references were the norm of the forum, because this is not the case

Lets get back to normality please and for those newer members who simply can not accept that we have a certain style and tolerance of subject information then take it elsewhere please.

Funny how things go full circle, how many times have I been saying about Rhodes being number 1 target and here we are again.

He has to be the most logical choice and let's face it things have gone very quiet on that front, not a peep out of Blackburn etc etc.

I am sure Boro will try to do their very best to get him here and maybe a outgoing to help finance it all. The club is thinking promotion we know that and if Bamford does not come back then it must surely be Rhodes we are working on until the club admits defeat or until Blackburn allow him to go. As many have said their circumstances have not changed as yet.

On another matter why are so many getting wound up about this chap Bloy? There is always someone who is very close to the correct info going out there and this season it seems as if it is him. Remember #07 he was pretty spot on with his info and a pity he is not around due to being shot down so often.

It adds fun and allows discussion to the forum especially when the said info becomes accurate. At the end of the day Boro will sign the players they want whether or not we are privy to that information.

Another however along these lines, whilst I appreciate that it may very well be simply a case of just having fun and getting involved with the forum as a newer member, there are ways and means and codes of conduct that most members want on this forum so please do not come into the forum spouting utter rubbish and in the way that people will take exception to resulting in farcical posts that seriously could spoil the forum for others.

Without naming names I really could not believe what I was reading, it felt that we had become fmttm last night with the stupidity of the posts and the fact that sexual references were the norm of the forum, because this is not the case

Lets get back to normality please and for those newer members who simply can not accept that we have a certain style and tolerance of subject information then take it elsewhere please.

Top post DS.

No Rhodes. We've been told from the start of the summer that we want to bring in pace and power up front, Stuani offers the power from what I've seen so now we need the pace, which Rhodes doesn't have I'm afraid. Not going to happen.

No Rhodes. We've been told from the start of the summer that we want to bring in pace and power up front, Stuani offers the power from what I've seen so now we need the pace, which Rhodes doesn't have I'm afraid. Not going to happen.

Still need a third though Will so got to be either him or Bamford or as an outside chance Lambert

Still need a third though Will so got to be either him or Bamford or as an outside chance Lambert

Got to be him or Bamford? Why?

I understand we need a third striker, but I also listen to everything that been coming out of the club about wanting to add pace and power up front, and as far as I know we haven't added anyone with great pace yet this summer, Bamford and Rhodes don't offer spectacular pace or power. I'd love Bamford back but neither him or Rhodes would complete the change in style and purpose that AV has been talking about all summer.

I'm going to stick my neck out and say that our other striker will not be from the championship or have extensive championship experience, he could have good experience in English football but I just can't see someone that fits our needs at our price in this division.

Not going to happen based on that "pace & power" statement or something more concrete? I believe bringing in "an experienced championship goal scorer" has also been high on the agenda, which Rhodes is. So I wouldn't dismiss it out-right.

Downing is surprisingly quick. Wasn't he measured as the fourth fastest player last year in the prem? That's certainly an upgrade on vossen and Tomlin just behind the striker.

I'd much rather add a guaranteed 20 goal striker like Rhodes than take a chance on a lesser proven striker just because he is fast. Rhodes has 20+ goals for the last six seasons in the championship and league 1. It doesn't get more proven than that.

I'm off to Florida for three weeks. Just about to take off. In three weeks time I fully expect to have signed Rhodes, Bam Bam and as I land at least 3-0 up against Preston

Exciting times to be a Boro fan :):):) UTB

Incidentally I'm not in the know or anything but that's what some bird told me as she blew me out for a footballer last nite ;););)