oneBoro Forum

Transfer Window - Summer 2015

Can't believe I've just woke up to three pages of this drivel. I'm all for derailing the transfer thread but that got ridiculous

Couldn't agree more. I'm not a regular poster here but the atrocious drivel I'm reading here these days is very tedious.... its the sort of childlike 'banter' I expect from FMTTM

• Replies 23.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well that was a few pages of boring bickering. Can someone please start a transfer thread where we can post and discuss transfer rumours, gossip, who we'd like to arrive and share opinions on players without starting fights with each other?

Believe me, I've tried, but my thread got closed, it seems most on here prefer to bicker with each other, about irrelevant tosh. Incredibly when I started a dedicated Boro transfer thread it was just full of people bickering about whether or not we should have the thread.

I'll probably get shot down for this post now :(

Not unhappy lambert isn't coming. Not because he's not a good player, simply for the fact that he's 33 and doesn't seem, to my untrained eye, like the kind of player that would fit in our 1 up top system.

I fancied Lambert for a season in the Champ. A striker like him could make the difference.

I don't think I've really been able to see any deals in recent years in pure footballing terms. For me, there are always other factors in the deal. Lambert is by no means a bad footballer but, in the same vein as Murphy, I just don't want him at the club.

If the deal was going to be a 1 year loan, I wouldn't be so negative about the deal as there wouldn't be any implications for Boro if things went sour. However, a 3 year deal was being touted and I can't see his wages being cheap. If something went wrong (e.g. - a long term injury to Lambert that hampered his ability [i do understand this can happen to anyone as well] to perform at the top level, we don't get promoted, Lambert just doesn't play well) Boro would be laden with an aging striker with no resale value. Again, I understand the argument that if we get promoted, it'll all be worth it but I just don't buy into that philosophy without having a plan B if things go belly up. For example, Downing has cost us a lot but commands a considerable re-sale value and there has been interest in him from teams, before we signed him, that would be able to pay.

I'm already excited and looking forward to the Preston game, it looks like Gibbo is really throwing what he has behind Karanka for the promotion push and I firmly believe we still have maybe two good signings to come - Leadbetter would have been great and who knows, it could be still on the cards, I think he would be a better buy than 8 mil for Rhodes by a long chalk. One thing is I have full faith in Gibson and Karanka UTB

The problem with the forum sometimes is that people can't seem to accept that other people might have an opinion different to their own. Differing opinions is what drives forums and discussions not everyone agreeing, people need to accept this, move on and enjoy the debate

That is good news Atokous and in a way what a pity we could not start all over again.

Don't think I need to repeat myself after yesterday as requests do not seem to work.

I have advised certain newer members about how to get along with the forum masses but I can see deletions coming into effect and bannings imposed should this ridiculous bickering continue.

Oh and please lets stop all related responses being added as it will only continue spoiling the thread, pm me if you have a beef

I'm already excited and looking forward to the Preston game, it looks like Gibbo is really throwing what he has behind Karanka for the promotion push and I firmly believe we still have maybe two good signings to come - Leadbetter would have been great and who knows, it could be still on the cards, I think he would be a better buy than 8 mil for Rhodes by a long chalk. One thing is I have full faith in Gibson and Karanka UTB

Welcome to the forum RS and hey signing Leadbitter again would certainly please Humpty :)

For once I back DS to the hilt if it comes to deletions and banning a/certain members. The bickering is absurd, maybe we should install a mental age check on signing up to the forum!

Gutted about lambert, agree with people saying we shouldn't sign old players but all we need is him to stick 20 in next year and then he can pick up his wage on the bench in the premier league. Rhodes I think won't be completed I'm s it sure why although I'd love to have him. Wouldn't of minded the Preston forward, garner I think, but he signed a new contract so no chance there

I'm beginning to feel that Bamford will come back... Which I think would be the perfect scenario. The longer it drags on, the less likely it seems that he'll get his Premiership move. If we bring in Bamford, we'd save the huge fee for Rhodes which we could then out to use in the January market when it becomes evident where we need to sure up.

Jordan Rhodes is a great Championship striker. But I personally don't think he'd do it in the Premiership. He's a bit too two dimensional for that. A Bamford loan would mean we'd have a striker who is one of the best in the Championship without being stuck with him in the Premiership, where we'd inevitably end up ;)

Apologies if anyone got annoyed by my posts last night. Got a bit wound up and probavly should have just left it. As you know ive been a member here a while and dont want to undo anything over a debate about a joyrnalist. So apologies all