oneBoro Forum

Transfer Window - Summer 2015

But if we've had an offer accepted surely that's a sure fire sign we'll get him maybe we've seen another we like since? Who knows lol I (don't read prowler) was also told if we don't get our primary target we'd try signing Danny of the graham variety :) hence why I've said his named roughly 14 times in 7 days

I wouldnt mind mr graham. Gets tin hat. . He thrives off litte balls played down the side of defenders Not the 40 yd balls he got last time. Downing could give him 10-20 chances a game

• Replies 23.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just a small question, IF we do sign Jordan

Rhodes, where will Boro stand with the FFP limit?

ffp is now based over 3 years and the overall loss limits have gone up.

Players fees are spread over the lifetime of the contract, so 8m over 5 years is 1.6m a year expenditure as far as FFP is concerned.

Also being over 3 years means that you "as long as you buy well" you can go hard in year 1 and 2 and make up for it in year 3

With regards to FFP, I think Gibson may just be going for it. It seems the punishment for breaching FFP is a transfer embargo if you remain in the championship or a fine if you are promoted. If we are promoted we won't be hit with a massive fine like QPR because they ridiculously overspent by about £60 million.

Also another thing we have on our side is that we have valuable assets in the squad that could command a good fee if we were in trouble. We have players such as Tomlin, Adomah, Friend, Ayala, Gibson, Leadbitter, Downing etc. that would command fees which would set our accounts straight. If we were to be hit with a transfer embargo, you could say our squad with Rhodes in it, would be good enough anyway and we wouldn't have to sign any more key players.

Personally I am not bothered about FFP. It would be nice to get promoted without being the money bags of the league but I would settle for any promotion to be honest.

I'd give Danny Graham a shot! Get the old band back together haha! I'll go even further and say I don't think his goal return was too bad when he had that loan the other year. Once he got back in the routine of playing regular he formed a decent partnership with Tomlin.

However, if he was high on AK's list I assume he'd have been here last season, so I don't see it happening.

Rest easy Prowler

Considering the amount of dead wood leaving the club, with loans leaving, extra attendances, cup runs and even the televised games this season, I'd say we're in a position to pull off Rhodes, if we don't make any other big signings.

If we get Rhodes onto a lengthy contract with other players also leaving the club for a decent sum, then we could pull it off without trouble of overspending etc. This is my opinion, don't take it as fact.

Haven't heard his name mentioned yet, which surprises me seeing as we are all sure that we are looking for an experienced Championship striker...

I hate to say it, but who would have Ross McCormack?

Just a small question, IF we do sign Jordan

Rhodes, where will Boro stand with the FFP limit?

As long as we aren't picking up Tomlin's Nando's tab we should be fine.

Haven't heard his name mentioned yet, which surprises me seeing as we are all sure that we are looking for an experienced Championship striker...

Get out.

Get out.

Hahaha!

Well I still think he will be on the scouting list.