• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Some were disappointed with Daryl Murphy which is bizarre. The expectation level has been raised with the Downing signing and it's understandable to an extent, but people need to get real. We are a Championship club with no parachute payments. We aren't going to spend £10M on one player.

Should offer Blackburn Kike & Reach + 5m for Rhodes, then get Le Fondre for 500k to replace Kike. That way they get a replacement straight away, and another squad player in Reach without breaking FFP. Were left with Rhodes, Stuani and Le fondre as our forward options, everyones happy.

I'm going to pass something on that I'm 99.9% certain is rubbish.

My mate who is a Preston fan has quite good contacts with the club, and has just put on my Facebook that Leadbitter is having a medical there. I cannot stress enough that I don't believe it, and nor am I the type who posts any old nonsense he reads online. Just thought I'd pass it on.

Megalolz...

DK. Your assessment of Stuani is horribly wide of the mark there, mate! At least by my reckoning and what I've seen of him. He's equally adept playing as a CF, SS or on either flank.

Should offer Blackburn Kike & Reach + 5m for Rhodes, then get Le Fondre for 500k to replace Kike. That way they get a replacement straight away, and another squad player in Reach without breaking FFP. Were left with Rhodes, Stuani and Le fondre as our forward options, everyones happy.

Isn't Rhodes out with a fairly serious injury?

I think it's pretty nailed on that Stuani is going to sign, and we are looking for a proven experienced championship goal scorer. I reckon we should make a list of names of potential strikers that we could sign and then talk of the possibility of signing each one. For me, B'burn are asking for too much for Rhodes and Murphy has only really had 1 good season.

My list: Rhodes, Murphy, Hooper, Le Fondre, Murray, Gayle, Lambert, Gestede, Martin, McCormack, Pitman, Assambalonga.

Isn't Rhodes out with a fairly serious injury?

Think he's back in a week or two.

Got to say Adam that I think we would be robbed if we did that deal. I know a few people have been getting on kikes back, but both he and reach played invaluable roles in what we achieved last season and they each have some fantastic attributes.

Le fondre has already said his Cardiff career is over and he wants toovr back to the north west for family reasons, so I doubt he would come.

But generally speaking I think the money quoted for Rhodes is insain for this level. Its been well quoted that the downing move was well calculated in terms of ffp so I'd suggest he along with stuani hasn't left us with much left for transfer fees. Loans could well make up most of the rest of our business.

Leave Rhodes alone, he is no way worth £10m+ and i doubt we have that kind of funds available anyway. I would pay £6m at the absolute maximum. Surely there are much better alternatives for a much more realistic price that could fit within the team ethos. I just cannot get my head around all this excitement surrounding Rhodes. If he was that good, premier league teams would have snapped him up by now.

We opened negations with Blackburn today and apparently have been told 10m will do it, only problem seems to be they want most/all of it up front.