oneBoro Forum

Transfer Window - Summer 2015

I think there a quite a few of us that aren't keen on Rhodes DS, mainly because we are not convinced that AK will change his system to accommodate 2 attackers.

You must have skim read through the posts of the "Pro Stuani Clique", which currently numbers 5. We are in the process of printing T shirts :)

6*

:)

Wow best get some more tshirts sorted!!

are you putting him forward for the OneBoro shirt sponsorship?

That would be a brilliant way of welcoming him to the club. Let's do this. Oh, 8*

• Replies 23.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't think any assets will be sold unless we're offered mega bucks. That includes Gibson, Friend, Leadbitter, Admoah etc. Tomlin is the only saleable asset in my eyes. This makes me think a deal for Rhodes is unlikely particularly with Stuani in the bag.

Mat I clearly am seeing you in defensive and I shall not allow myself to get excited mode here :D

I just think it's unrealistic for us to fork out another £4-5mil or so (based on "structured payments") given the cash we've spent with no more out goings.

One thing is for sure is that if we do get Rhodes as well then there will be a massive amount of pressure on the team and Karanka this season. Even without Rhodes signing there is more pressure and expectation than last season already. Hopefully they can handle it. Last season in the biggest games towards then end of the season, especially the play off final, As much as it pains me to say but we did kind of bottle it. It's going to to be an interesting season either way. I can't imagine Gibsons heart rate each match, never mind mine. I think another play off final would be the end of me.

With the squad we had last season i personally thought we under achieved. If Rhodes comes in there will be few squads better. I hope Karanka has learned from last season. I have no doubt he has.

If, and this is just basic speculation after discussions on here, AK wants to play with an interchangable 3 behind Rhodes, then Adomah would be the obvious player to sacrifice in order to rake in a decent fee. He is a traditional winger, and may not suit a narrower "3" like Tomlin, Downing and Stuani. I'd still hate to see Adomah go. Carayol would also be an option to sell, but doubt he'll bring in much.

IMO Adomah is more than adept at playing in an interchangeable three. He's a very intelligent player. I think he's proved that by adapting his game to improve his defensive qualities. What makes me doubt that Karanka will move to an interchangeable formation is the fact Karanka his gives his two wide men the responsibility of defending. He's not the type of guy that would say "whoever's on that side fill in." I think there'll be the same structure as last season.

Assuming Aitor's philosophy hasn't changed we are still short across the pitch, can't believe some people are still focusing on the attacking trio behind a new striker. We are surely once again targeting two players for each position- and i assume long term absentees will covered with loanees at the least- we are still some way short of that quota!

Yes we are desperately short on firepower but the club must have loads going on behind the scenes because by my reckoning we are still severely short in defence and are still a central midfielder short- we were quite lucky there last season as it's generally the easiest position to pick up a couple of injuries or accumulative suspensions and suddenly we only have Forshaw playing in there.

Defensively Woodgate was only an emergency last season despite his class so we still need at least one centre back and a right back. If we still have a good link with Spurs I would love to see us try to get Yedlin- he's well down in the pecking order but would be great to mirror Friend's attacking prowess.

Maybe someone will leave from an attacking position- I pray it's not Tomlin- but until that time I hope we are close to landing some other players on the quiet to bolster our backline.

It's no use if we start scoring more but become equally susceptible defensively!

Actually in response to this because this takes us back to the very beginning of the thread, I am pretty sure that we will see more often than not one of the d/m being given more license to free those shackles and become more supportive in normal play or that we will see Forshaw on the pitch more often

I agree, I think we will definitely see slight tweaks in our style but ultimately we are still a player short in there, I could see a loanee being the solution as I think Forshaw is great and the EG article about our scouting system mentioned how long we chased him for so it is clear both the club and Aitor (especially from preseason so far) rate him highly, so I actually see the three of them being on par now, but one injury and we are going to see some vulnerabilities open up.

I know it has been mentioned numerous times through the thread but my point is that everyone is so focused on the attacking three when that is probably the one position that we are comfortable in and as of yet there is no news on any departures. And I'm sure i'm not the only one who is getting a headache from the striker target merry go round! 

It wouldn't suprise me if the club through a suprise or two in elsewhere on the pitch until we fill that void- in fact the club are probably loving the speculation as it lets them pursue their other targets away from the spotlight!

I think there a quite a few of us that aren't keen on Rhodes DS, mainly because we are not convinced that AK will change his system to accommodate 2 attackers.

You must have skim read through the posts of the "Pro Stuani Clique", which currently numbers 5. We are in the process of printing T shirts :)

6*

What size and colour T shirt do you want Atokus? :)

From the snippets I know is Rhodes has been our number 1 striker target , the club are hoping to conclude a deal by Monday at the latest but there is a lot of posturing going on. Rhodes has indicated he wants to join Boro so now it's how the deal is structured.

My own thoughts are there will be 1 or 2 exits to part or fully fund this signing.

Right I'm off out, will check back later.

This sounds very similar to Downing - regardless of whether a transfer request is submitted - once a players indicates that he wants to go to a specific club the selling clubs options are reduced. If Rhodes is determined that it's Boro or sitting tight then we will get him.

If Blackburn need to improve their finances but also want to retain one of their strikers wouldn't they opt to sell the one that brings the greatest return first, i.e. Rhodes to Boro rather than Gestede to Watford, as has been mentioned?

6*

Medium in Sky Blue and White with a Yellow sun somewhere on it would do me perfectly cheers :D

6*

Can I have mine coloured, err I mean black   :blush: