oneBoro Forum

Transfer Window - Summer 2015

Oh dear well that didn't work did it.. maybe some more harsh tactics are required!

Transfer thread.. transfer talk please - and by that I mean players to and from Boro rather than anything else

Thank you

:)

• Replies 23.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm down under and out of touch...can someone give me a rundown of the last 48 hours?

rumours etc

Gazette saying the clubs is talking with Blackburn regarding Rhodes. VB came on to say we hope to have a deal wrapped up by Monday the latest.

LinoJo3 has mentioned we are close to a foreign keeper, but nothing more than a rumor.

Apparently close to bringing in a foreign keeper, wonder if it's that bloke from Napoli we were linked with before the given stuff started.

Where did you get this. Haven't seen anything on this. After 15 Serie A games and 8 Euro league games last season it seems very very unlikely

Apparently close to bringing in a foreign keeper, wonder if it's that bloke from Napoli we were linked with before the given stuff started.

Where did you get this. Haven't seen anything on this. After 15 Serie A games and 8 Euro league games last season it seems very very unlikely

It may not be him, he's the only foreign keeper I can think of that we've been linked to.

It may not be him, he's the only foreign keeper I can think of that we've been linked to.

I was just thinking about the news regarding being close to a foreign keeper. It's certainly gone under the radar with this Rhodes business.

I'm pro Stuani!

Me too Ross!

Have either of you two gentlemen ever considered joining a clique?  :dodgy:

Depends how many members? I am not joining a popular clique. I am far too cool for that.

How long do I need to be a member before I can join a clique? Its been a lifelong goal of mine

You need the stuani tattoo first

Where is that list that was supposed to be on the white board. If its a keeper named there we have a new ITK

Goalkeepers:

Shay Given – Aston Villa

Lovre Kalinić - Hajduk Split

Helton Arruda – Porto

Defenders:

Kieran Trippier – Burnley

Matthew Lowton - Aston Villa

Alex Baptiste – Bolton

Tomas Kalas – Chelsea

Lewis Dunk – Brighton

Iván Balliu - FC Arouca

Nathan Ake - Chelsea

DeAndre Yedlin - Tottenham

Grant Hall - Tottenham

David Lombán - Elche CF

Midfielders:

Stewart Downing - West Ham

Tino-Sven Sušić - Hajduk Split

Lucas Romero - Velez Sarsfield

Marco Asensio - Real Madrid

Lewis Baker - Chelsea

Ruben Loftus-Cheek - Chelsea

Liam Bridcutt - Sunderland

Isaac Cuenca - Deportivo La Coruña

Rodolph Austin - Leeds

Omar Mascarell - Real Madrid

Strikers:

Patrick Bamford – Chelsea

Christian Stuani - Espanyol

Nadir Ciftci - Dundee

Daryl Murphy - Ipswich

James Wilson – Manchester United

Jordan Rhodes - Blackburn

Rickie Lambert - Liverpool

Jose Angel Pozo - Manchester City

Borja González - Atlético Madrid

If we do sign Rhodes then that will leave us just needing a minimum of back-up players for CB and DM. A few other positions may need signings but are less of a concern such as a GK. Surely we will turn to Chelsea again for more loans. Ake could cover both positions so he will probably be the most likely. Chelsea's Alex Davey impressed on loan at S***horpe last season so maybe he could an option to bring at CB though it will be a big step up for him. He's a big physical defender so could be good cover for Ayala. And maybe one of Loftus-Cheek or Chalobah in DM but I can't see them being happy to be 4th choice. I'd like to see us bring in Bertrand Traore at LW but I can't see that happening unless we sell one of Carayol or Wildschut.

Here's the supposed 'whiteboard list', with players already transferred in this list removed (including the ones who signed for us)

Goalkeepers:

Lovre Kalinić - Hajduk Split

Helton Arruda – Porto

Defenders:

Lewis Dunk – Brighton

Iván Balliu - FC Arouca

Nathan Ake - Chelsea

DeAndre Yedlin - Tottenham

Grant Hall - Tottenham

David Lombán - Elche CF

Midfielders:

Tino-Sven Sušić - Hajduk Split

Lucas Romero - Velez Sarsfield

Marco Asensio - Real Madrid

Ruben Loftus-Cheek - Chelsea

Liam Bridcutt - Sunderland

Isaac Cuenca - Deportivo La Coruña

Rodolph Austin - Leeds

Omar Mascarell - Real Madrid

Strikers:

James Wilson – Manchester United

Jordan Rhodes - Blackburn

Rickie Lambert - Liverpool

Jose Angel Pozo - Manchester City

Borja González - Atlético Madrid

Most pleasing aspect of the day is that the club have remained very silent on the Rhodes situation.

I'm not sure we should read too much into this.. The clubs direct line to the outside AV is off on holiday..

Most pleasing aspect of the day is that the club have remained very silent on the Rhodes situation.

I'm not sure we should read too much into this.. The clubs direct line to the outside AV is off on holiday..

He was on Sunday, but still shot Lambert down...