oneBoro Forum

Transfer Window - Summer 2015

I'm going to go against the tide somewhat but I don't understand how the Venkys are being criticised for this particular negotiation.

According to what RoversAway (forgive me if I've remembered that wrong and misunderstood anything you wrote) said, Bburn will be complying with FFP come the next window and that is without selling Rhodes. So why on earth would they actively be trying to sell their best player/asset except for a ridiculous offer? They've clearly valued the ridiculous offer at £12/14 depending on reports. Yes it's huge money for the championship but bring in simple laws of supply and demand and you can see why it's so high (we as a collective forum are struggling to come up with another proven championship striker) and the very fact that we're very close to matching their valuation shows that it can't be that absurd.

Don't get me wrong, I do not think they are a good corporation to be running a football club and have done a terrible job overall but at least in this particular scenario I don't think they're doing anything wrong.

I think the frustration is that Boro are negotiating with people who having got any decision making power - we think a deal is agreed in principle, only for the Venkys to reject it.

• Replies 23.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am very excited as a Boro fan even if Rhodes doesn't come through I can 100% guarantee we are negotiating with other clubs for other players, look at Forshaw in January that came from no where, same with Kike last year.

We will sign the best suited for our team whether it takes £12million or it takes nothing, Karanka and Gibson will get the job done!

Rhodes will happen. It's not as if they're asking for more they just want more of it upfront. It's like the Downing deal, West Ham kept on holding out for more. Keep the faith, fasten your seat belts and enjoy the ride. Something really special is happening at our club right now. It's like Real Madeid signing all those Galacticos. We should parade all our new signings before the Getafe game, let's sell it out!

The longer Blackburn hold out for more money, the more likely it is that we will have to sell a saleable asset in order to put us in line with the FFP limits. If we do pull off signing Rhodes then we'd have spent an absolute fortune on our attacking options this summer.

Just a flying visit tonight haven't got time to read through so sorry if this has been posted

Firstly thread title should be been down this Rhode before : )

Blackburn are apparently waiting to see what Swansea do. Gomis has a buy out clause that kicks in this summer for £5 million. Swansea have scouted him a few times since January.

Heard that it may be two in and two out before the end of next week

We weren't interested in Ake but Chalobah could be returning.

Palace have turned down the chance to sign Pato. Championship could be option of last resort.

UTB

If it took £4M up front, £4M in installments, Kike and Tomlin going the other way to sign Rhodes would you do the deal?.

Kike - 3M / Tomlin 3M, so 14m overall, probably not and i can't stand either of kike/tomlin

Cant be bothered to read through so many posts regarding Rhodes. are we just awaiting a decision from Venkys ?

Turns out they are a bunch of ***

Or are they just playing chicken?

*ba, dum, tssch!* :D

Someone mentioned that Philipp Hofmann before, he's gone to Brentford.

Can't belive that, he has an awful record but he was a beast against england U21 at the riverside.

If it took £4M up front, £4M in installments, Kike and Tomlin going the other way to sign Rhodes would you do the deal?.

Kike - 3M / Tomlin 3M, so 14m overall, probably not and i can't stand either of kike/tomlin

Tomlin is worth a lot more than £3 million

Someone mentioned that Philipp Hofmann before, he's gone to Brentford.

Can't belive that, he has an awful record but he was a beast against england U21 at the riverside.

He was very good that night.  I can remember discussing him with one or two people on here during/after the game.

Tomlin is worth a lot more than £3 million

Kike perhaps but why would Tomlin want to go there? No disrespect to Blackburn at all. Carayol or Reach maybe.