oneBoro Forum

Transfer Window - Summer 2015

What I wanna know is why is everyone on twitter having meltdowns over Pato? Think realism has gone into hiding.

Think its some fantasist on fmttm who tweeted a stock photo to bloy which has been retweeted.

• Replies 23.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"Tomlin isn't fat"  righto..

CJ-C16DUEAAoBUW.jpg:large

If your fat sits that high on your chest you should probably go to the doctor and get yourself checked out.

Who is that no. 5, he is rather small for a central defender? [Going by the number]

What I wanna know is why is everyone on twitter having meltdowns over Pato? Think realism has gone into hiding.

Think its some fantasist on fmttm who tweeted a stock photo to bloy which has been retweeted.

Theres a thing with Brazilians. Adriano and Ronaldinho and Pato went from absolute world beaters to next to nothing. Although I love Ronaldinho he didnt have the longevity his talent deserved. I would be in 2 minds about Pato if there was in fact any truth in it. Could be massive coup but he could be one of those journeymen footballers that ends his career having played at 15 or so clubs.

This guy is seen as the most reliable source for anything Blackburn so sounds quite good I guess...

@Northern_Rover: Guy with excellent links to Boro reporting that they will be back with a £12 million guaranteed bid for Rhodes. 1/2.

@Northern_Rover: So it will come down to how much Venky's are prepared to accept in instalments and how much upfront. 2/2.

@Northern_Rover: My personal opinion is that if they are offering a guaranteed £12 million deal then Venky's will accept it as it meets their valuation.

Wasn't Pato's main issues that he ended up with a few injuries and was also played out of position?

Also, he's been around for the best part of a decade and has only played for 4 clubs.

We as Boro fans appear to like a bargain. We tend to idolise and perhaps overestimate the quality of players that we have got for nothing or very close to it. Leadbitter, Friend, Tomlin, Adomah and Ayala etc. Shortly after joining us they have arguably become potential PL players, even though they wheren't anywhere near that when we took them on. Magic perhaps.

We are not so forgiving when a considerable transfer fee is involved. We expect those players to hit the ground running and become an instant success. Jordan Rhodes is in for a rough ride from the fans if he doesn't turn it on from day one. We all expect value for money.

You may not agree but time will tell and we will see how many of our bargains ultimately play successfully in the PL. Matchwinner Marvin Emnes was considered PL standard once??? He cant get a game a Swansea.

We as Boro fans appear to like a bargain. We tend to idolise and perhaps overestimate the quality of players that we have got for nothing or very close to it. Leadbitter, Friend, Tomlin, Adomah  and Ayala etc. Shortly after joining us they have arguably become potential PL players, even though they wheren't anywhere near that when we took them on.  Magic perhaps.

Didn't we pay quite a bit for Tomlin?

We as Boro fans appear to like a bargain. We tend to idolise and perhaps overestimate the quality of players that we have got for nothing or very close to it. Leadbitter, Friend, Tomlin, Adomah  and Ayala etc. Shortly after joining us they have arguably become potential PL players, even though they wheren't anywhere near that when we took them on.  Magic perhaps.

Didn't we pay quite a bit for Tomlin?

About the same as we did for Albert.