oneBoro Forum

Transfer Window - Summer 2015

Morning everyone,

Well reading that very early article it seems to me that JR most probably knows who the Boro are targeting, why would he mention the acquisitions?

This is going to be  one of those days when the refresh button is going to be hit often

Isn't it more likely that he's talking about Downing's arrival?  Rather than any other players we are targetting...

I wouldn't think we will need many more pieces of the jigsaw once he arrives [if he does] and I certainly wouldn't think they will be big signings, just filler at CB and CM

• Replies 23.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can someone make up a song along the lines of the classic vacation movie tune holiday rhodes if we get him?

As in National Lampoons Vacation

Jordan be nimble, Jordan be quick, Jordan smash it between the sticks, Jordan Rho'o'o'o'o'o'o'o'o, Jordan Rho'o'o'o'o'o'o'o'od

:-)

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/gary-bowyer-jordan-rhodes-dealt-9731748

Talking about more wood on the fire these signals are getting very strong now

Very interesting DS.

In my opinion those are the comments of a manager who has no idea whats about to happen and is trying to cover all his bases. Lets hope it works out for us!

Gazette coverage of Rhodes is just fuelling the fire... So exciting if this one comes off!

On 'where is the money coming from?' I think this is a repeat of the Strachan-era spending. Gibbo threw money at GS2 in the belief he could get us promoted. After that failure, we had years of cost cutting and re-measuring the books in order to bring us back to stability finance wise. Now we've achieved that, he's willing to go all out once more with a manager who gives us the greatest hope of that since we went down.

If it doesn't come off, there'll be a mirror of the cost cutting from before. The difference being that, this time, we've bought players of a proven pedigree who have far better sell on value than Strachan's Scots - so the cost cutting would not need to be as extreme.

Meanwhile in an office located in Pune, India four co-owners reach a decision about what they are having for their afternoon snack!

Joking apart it is the additional 48 hours for the news to filter through that irks me!

Do they not have emails and such in Pune????

Gazette coverage of Rhodes is just fuelling the fire... So exciting if this one comes off!

On 'where is the money coming from?' I think this is a repeat of the Strachan-era spending. Gibbo threw money at GS2 in the belief he could get us promoted. After that failure, we had years of cost cutting and re-measuring the books in order to bring us back to stability finance wise. Now we've achieved that, he's willing to go all out once more with a manager who gives us the greatest hope of that since we went down.

If it doesn't come off, there'll be a mirror of the cost cutting from before. The difference being that, this time, we've bought players of a proven pedigree who have far better sell on value than Strachan's Scots - so the cost cutting would not need to be as extreme.

Plus this time Gibson has waited to see if the manager can cut it before spending the money.