oneBoro Forum

Transfer Window - Summer 2015

if we sign rhodes i reckon we will go more 442 in shape. but revert back to stuani dropping deeper and running around harrying defenders when we are defending. tbh it looked like that last season with vossen but he couldnt do the physical stuff, stuani will really enjoy battering defenders about from what i've seen. this league is made for him. rhodes is perfect for us at cf with stuani the perfect partner behind him. we'll be free scoring this season with them to in the team.

If we sign Rhodes, I reckon we don't need to defend. We will just outscore the opponents  :D

That's what I said when we signed Afonso Alves... :(

• Replies 23.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wasn't talking about you inparticular barlowboro, so please don't be offended - but as a general debate.

Twitter, FMTTM, COB - loads of people just craving the attention making up .... Obviously if you throw enough .... some will stick.

Am I the only one who would much rather have Gestede + the extra 4 million or whatever we saved from not going for Rhodes to strengthen the squad elsewhere?

Rhodes is the best striker in this league. Gestede had only really "done it" for one season. We need a goalscorer and I believe Rhodes is the answer

Regarding Gestede and potential transfer to Watford, it also seems to have been dragged out.. I wonder if the Venkys are playing silly buggers with them too? Wonder what the odds are on Blackburn ending up with both these players come September after messing everyone around..

Going to put my head on the block and say I don't want Rhodes.

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, but I do and I'll be really disappointed if we don't get him.

It seems crazy to say it but Hooper would feel like a consolation prize.

It'll be a shame if we havent received a definitive answer in the next 24/48 hours..we really cant let it drag on for so long. I hope the rumours about Hooper are true because I would like to see him in a boro shirt if we cant sign JR. It'll also allow us more money to spend on another striker and other squad optio s

I need Rhodes! It's about the only thing that could possibly rekindle my affair with FM

He's lethal on FM, I had him scoring in the CL for Boro on last year's game.

if we sign rhodes i reckon we will go more 442 in shape. but revert back to stuani dropping deeper and running around harrying defenders when we are defending. tbh it looked like that last season with vossen but he couldnt do the physical stuff, stuani will really enjoy battering defenders about from what i've seen. this league is made for him. rhodes is perfect for us at cf with stuani the perfect partner behind him. we'll be free scoring this season with them to in the team.

If we sign Rhodes, I reckon we don't need to defend. We will just outscore the opponents  :D

That's what I said when we signed Afonso Alves... :(

to be fair looking on transfermarkt at alves record it was hard not to get excited, they guy was an absolute goal monster. here is a reminder of his record, notice the 5 hattricks lol :- 

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/afonso-alves/leistungsdaten/spieler/18758/plus/?saison=2006