oneBoro Forum

Transfer Window - Summer 2015

Am I the only one who would much rather have Gestede + the extra 4 million or whatever we saved from not going for Rhodes to strengthen the squad elsewhere?

I see what you are saying, but what if Gestede doesn't even want to play for us. It also depends on where the other 4 million was going.

Would you for example, rather Gestede and a 4 million keeper?

I might prefer us to sign Hooper (approx 7mil going by rumours) + a few million on a keeper and a bit left over to pay for another player, but again, it depends on who the keeper is and who the other player is. We also have to take into account the fact that Gestede/Hooper plus a 4 million player (or two 2 million players etc...) will be more in wages than just JR alone.

In other words.......it depends.

Plus - We might have to money to strengthen the team elsewhere even after buying Rhodes, we have no idea how much cash is available.

• Replies 23.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I need Rhodes! It's about the only thing that could possibly rekindle my affair with FM

I've been playing with him and the current squad, completely walked the league, rhodes got 42, hes unreal.

I know I'm going to be slated for this due to the hatred of this player on this forum but..

I would actually prefer McCormack to Rhodes. I think he is a much better all round player and also scores nearly as many goals.

Anyway I might sign out now for a couple of days to hide myself from the tirade of abuse I will receive for this.

Btw I still think Rhodes is a great signing. I am worried about the price tag though. Breaks his leg first game in and that's £12m we will never see again.

I know I'm going to be slated for this due to the hatred of this player on this forum but..

I would actually prefer McCormack to Rhodes. I think he is a much better all round player and also scores nearly as many goals.

Anyway I might sign out now for a couple of days to hide myself from the tirade of abuse I will receive for this.

Btw I still think Rhodes is a great signing. I am worried about the price tag though. Breaks his leg first game in and that's £12m we will never see again.

IMO I think we need a goalscorer rather than an "all rounder".

Also the price for McCormack would surely be similar and you could apply the broken leg situstion to him too.

I've thought of loading a game with the current squad Dxmge and aphex but I can't take the heart break if he doesn't. I'm still adamant the structure of the Rhodes offer is hugely inflated by the media.

I definitely do not want Hooper.. There are better strikers for less. Wells, Gestede, Lambert (although he wouldn't come).

Hooper has been quoted as 3-4 mill. Gestede is 8 mill. So he may be better but hes twice the price

Seriously annoyed by that article. He should have stayed at home and put in a days holiday. That input was pitiful.

Why wet peoples appetites like that if you have no news? It's a NEWSpaper not a TELLPEOPLEWHATTHEYALREADYKNOWpaper.

In other breaking news, Boro on the verge of signing Uruguayan striker Stuani. Anyone heard anything about this? Just a rumour or could this have legs?

:dodgy:

I definitely do not want Hooper.. There are better strikers for less. Wells, Gestede, Lambert (although he wouldn't come).

Hooper has been quoted as 3-4 mill. Gestede is 8 mill. So he may be better but hes twice the price

If that's true then I apologise.. I thought the rumoured price for Hooper was around 8M.

IMO I think we need a goalscorer rather than an "all rounder".

Also the price for McCormack would surely be similar and you could apply the broken leg situstion to him too.

But McCormack is a goalscorer too. He just does a lot more than Rhodes apart from scoring goals.

And yes I know that. That was just a separate bit. First point was that if we were to spend money I'd prefer McCormack. Second point was that I don't think we should be spending that amount on a player.

If that's true then I apologise.. I thought the rumoured price for Hooper was around 8M.

i have seen 7mil on here.

Seriously annoyed by that article. He should have stayed at home and put in a days holiday. That input was pitiful.

Why wet peoples appetites like that if you have no news? It's a NEWSpaper not a TELLPEOPLEWHATTHEYALREADYKNOWpaper.

In other breaking news, Boro on the verge of signing Uruguayan striker Stuani. Anyone heard anything about this? Just a rumour or could this have legs?

:dodgy:

Loving the name  :)

Hmm that article this all reminds me of the downing signing .

Yes it does and it is like a general round up on what is wildly known.

Thing is there are no negative vibes from that piece and a clear indication that we will have to keep waiting.

It has been mentioned that 48 hours seems to be the time frame as to when the Venky's decisions are announced so maybe we will be non the wiser in 24 hours from now :rolleyes: