oneBoro Forum

Transfer Window - Summer 2015

Someone claiming on fmttm Boro going to pay £10m over 3 years with Kike going on loan in the opposite direction. Probably bs but I'd take that and will mean we need another striker

• Replies 23.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The striker currently on our books is devoid of all confidence and may well not have the impact we would like in the opening games, 

Well I don't think we've been helping ourselves much in this case.  For me I would have had Kike starting every game and getting at least an hour if not more in an attempt to help him play his way into form.  I don't think coming on at half time for 45 mins is all that useful to him or us.  I'm sure people will come on to say it doesn't matter but I think there's a definite difference in starting a game or coming on at any time and I think a player short on confidence that we really need to build up should be getting as much game time as possible.

Someone claiming on fmttm Boro going to pay £10m over 3 years with Kike going on loan in the opposite direction. Probably bs but I'd take that and will mean we need another striker

I'll bet Kike is desperate to go and play for Blackburn!

I'd ignore anything from fmttm.

That would be a cracking deal although wasnt it mentioned due to the amount Kike is on he wouldnt be able to go there on loan. 10million over 3 years would be one hell of a deal for us although I doubt it is the case.

The striker currently on our books is devoid of all confidence and may well not have the impact we would like in the opening games, 

Well I don't think we've been helping ourselves much in this case.  For me I would have had Kike starting every game and getting at least an hour if not more in an attempt to help him play his way into form.  I don't think coming on at half time for 45 mins is all that useful to him or us.  I'm sure people will come on to say it doesn't matter but I think there's a definite difference in starting a game or coming on at any time and I think a player short on confidence that we really need to build up should be getting as much game time as possible.

I agree. Especially when there's zero chance the likes of Fewster or any other players currently in our squad will be given a chance in our team this season. He should have really been given an hour or more in pretty much every game.

I just have that dodgy feeling we are all in on Rhodes and we won't have brought in another striker before the season starts, we play the first 3+ games and its the same story as last season.. Dropped points against poor teams.

I agree that its better to wait to sign the striker you want than rush in and sign one your not so keen on.. But points dropped early in the season can cost us promotion like last season..

Our start to the season is kind so we need a great start to the season.

That would be a cracking deal although wasnt it mentioned due to the amount Kike is on he wouldnt be able to go there on loan. 10million over 3 years would be one hell of a deal for us although I doubt it is the case.

I would have thought the rules are about how much they are allowed to pay rather than the salary that the player earns overall?  So if they could only pay up to a set amount then the club that owns the player would pick up the rest.

I agree. Especially when there's zero chance the likes of Fewster or any other players currently in our squad will be given a chance in our team this season. He should have really been given an hour or more in pretty much every game.

Yeah I've been a bit surprised and disappointed with Karanka about this unless he doesn't believe that Kike has any issues of course but I think he'd be in the minority on that.

I just have that dodgy feeling we are all in on Rhodes and we won't have brought in another striker before the season starts, we play the first 3+ games and its the same story as last season.. Dropped points against poor teams.

I agree that its better to wait to sign the striker you want than rush in and sign one your not so keen on.. But points dropped early in the season can cost us promotion like last season..

We do have Kike and Stuani, though. I get the feeling Stuani is being underestimated as we continue to pursue Rhodes. Now I don't think just those two will be enough over a full season but if they start it while we nail down a third striker, that should be ok. Put it another way, if they aren't good enough to start with, why do we have them?

If only we could sign a Uruguayan international striker before the season starts.

Is that including Stuani?

I do feel that the squad right now is much stronger than the start of last season and is arguably as good as last seasons squad including Bamford and Vossen when you take Downing into account. Obviously having that extra quality striker would be brilliant but I do feel we have game changing options to bring in something we lacked last season.

Totally agree CT..

Its baffled me why Kike hadn't started games with Downing, I would of been starting Kike with our best creative players.. Not starting Fewster who has no hope of making the team throughout the season.

Try to give our only recognised striker the goalscoring touch before the season starts.

Varying reports on Stuani, and at this stage I'm not entirely sure myself. But I'm guessing he will end up playing just off the striker on the right in a more flexible 4-2-3-1, and dart into the box when need be, as oppose to leading the line, with the option of starting up top if either our future #1 centre forward gets injured or if we occasionally play two up top.