• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can we ban signatures on this thread? It is mind numbing to read the same drivel over and over and over................... :huh:

aka "Return of the Never Ending Signatures"

I think you can turn them off in the settings. I don't have them on

Many Thanks ....

Listen guys, I have already said this many times.. I don't believe Stuani has been bought as the striker ahead of the 3.. I'm very confidant he will be played in one of the positions behind the striker.. Our pursuit of Rhodes makes it obvious to me.

I think Stuani will chip in with a good amount of goals but he's not the goalscorer we a searching for hence the pursuit of Rhodes.

11/12 32 games 9 goals 4 assits 2169 minutes (100% CF/SS)

12/13 32 games 7 goals 4 assists 2168 minutes (100% CF/SS)

13/14 34 games 6 goals 5 assists 2571 minutes (49% CF/SS, 29% LW, 22% RW)

14/15 37 games 12 goals 0 assists 1764 minutes (72% CF/SS, 5% LW, 19% RW, 5% AM)

source:transfermarkt

Looks like more of a CF/SS to me

Posted this on the Stuani thread as well but since you guys are talking about Stuani...

yes but on all his highlight video's he does all his good bits out wide dribbling at fullbacks and crossing the ball...............No he doesnt, his good highlights are him in the middle of the pitch.  :@

Everyone needs to stop with the stuani at right wing lark changing our formation to fit him on the right is insane, you know who you are  :D

stuani will play CF or No10, i'd be worried about our managers sanity if he started him wide. 

i'm glad i'm not the only one who realises how obvious it is. 

when he is at No10 it will basically be 442 though. he wont be dropping really deep ala tomlin. He will be similar to vossen but have the tools to win the aerial battles and be more involved than vossen ever was.

i believe stuani is about to have the best season of his career. 

we are perfect for him, our system our league its all made for him.

It would seem that Karanka is beyond any sort of questioning. The guy can do no wrong. Anyone who even suggests otherwise is a traitor and must be hunted down.

It's got nothing do with that. You are complaining about a lack of goals and he is doing everything he can to change that. He's admitted it was a problem last season and he is bringing in Stuani, Downing and Fabbrini so far and looking for another striker. He is doing everything he can to rectify last seasons shortcomings. And 3 goals in 5. It's preseason and lots of youth has played. Of the new attacking recruits it's only Downing who's been available for a very limited time. You certainly can't blame him for not trying to better last seasons shortcomings. I find it ludicrous to say that his only answer is to throw money at the problem. Would you be happy to go into the season with just Kike and Stuani? Would it be better to sign some cheap gamble and hope it pays off?

I can understand your criticism if its like this ten games into the season though, but so far he is doing all he can.

How have his transfer dealings been 'largely poor'?

Well you have

Mejias

Blackman

Tiendalli

Nando

Damia

Nsue

Wildshut

Omerou  

Veljkovic  

Vossen    

Foreshaw 

Kike         

Husband

Who all had little to no impact other than taking up a shirt number. I think there's a chance for forshaw and husband to become first teamers but based on last season they did nothing for boro.

Clayton, Bamford, Kalas and Tomlin have proved to be successful and if i am being generous he technically signed Ayala.

Not sure where to put fredericks

Well you have

Mejias

Blackman

Tiendalli

Nando

Damia

Nsue

Wildshut

Omerou  

Veljkovic  

Vossen    

Foreshaw 

Kike         

Husband

Who all had little to no impact other than taking up a shirt number. I think there's a chance for forshaw and husband to become first teamers but based on last season they did nothing for boro.

Clayton, Bamford, Kalas and Tomlin have proved to be successful and if i am being generous he technically signed Ayala.

Please, do tell me how Amorebieta and Vossen were poor signings.

The main problem in the last friendly was that we didn't create any chances. I think that we are perfectly capable of beating Preston with Kike or Stuani up front, as long as our midfield adopt a more attacking mentality, for me, that is where we struggled last season.

We played as a counter attacking team, so when teams put men behind the ball, we struggled.

We had a very good striker, Bamford, but we didn't necessarily have the right players behind him. This season we have rectified that, with Fabbrini and Downing coming in to add a bit more creativity, We'll be fine with the 2 forwards that we have, as long as the midfield support them and give good service.

Well you have

Mejias

Blackman

Tiendalli

Nando

Damia

Nsue

Wildshut

Omerou  

Veljkovic  

Vossen    

Foreshaw 

Kike         

Husband

Please, do tell me how Amorebieta and Vossen were poor signings.

And yet all the signings mentioned above have been better ones than Ogbeche/Haas/Martin/Zemamma/etc.

Well you have

Mejias

Blackman

Tiendalli

Nando

Damia

Nsue

Wildshut

Omerou  

Veljkovic  

Vossen    

Foreshaw 

Kike         

Husband

Mejias, the potential is there. Showed his class v mancity. 

Omerou, was class first season. Fell to a very impressive gibson. Very good cover. 

Nando, very good leftback and more than adequate replacement/cover. Very good player.

Vossesn, to put him on this list is idiotic. Not a goalscorer, but impressive in his ability. 

Foreshaw, if given the chance would easily be first on the team sheet imo.

Husband, has the potential to be a left back for a top ten PL side. Keep at all costs. 

Kike, bundles of natural talent. Needs a big confidence boost.

The others were all predominantly signed as backup anyway so I don't see how this backs up your point about AK's signings.