• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

NB you wanted a new name linked today and guess what....

KM786 EXCLUSIVE:

17 year old Arnel Jakupovic on trial with Middlesbrough

http://www.laola1.at/de/fussball/bundesliga/hintergrund/austria-amateure-saisonstart-jakupovic-middlesbrough/page/118156-32-48-48-.html

Should we log off for the day now?.. Not likely to get anymore exciting than that is it  :P

Haha. Yeh just log back on, on deadline day now. Stuani should have had his international clearance and Gibson may have got through to the Venky's by then

Obligatory youtube vid! Looks a talented lad.

So the Venky`s would rather sell Gestede for about half the price of Rhodes and who is probably earning quite a bit less than Rhodes too? RoverAway might be able to answer this.. Wasn't Gestede the preferred option up front at times last season?.. I remember quite a few games last season thinking why is Rhodes on the bench that`s strange, Then he got back in the team and scored goals.

It doesn't make sense to me how it benefits Blackburn selling Gestede instead of Rhodes... I think they will sell both though.

Rhodes up front on his own was useless whilst Gestede was banging goals in for fun from counter attack crosses.

This is my big worry with spending £12m on Rhodes. He doesn't strike me as a lone striker and Rovers fans don't seem to think he can play here so why are we spending so much money on a player who will struggle to play the role we need him for.

Around the start of the season shake the leaders of Violet but to one of its greatest talents . Arnel Jakupovic is namely before jumping to England .

The striker , who celebrated his 17th birthday in late May , has recently graduated and is negotiating with the club from the English Championship currently has a commitment a trial at Middlesbrough .

The Austria has submitted to the teenager who was last seen with the ÖFB - U17 at the European Championships in Bulgaria in all three group matches over 90 minutes in service available . "We want him to stay with us ," clarifies Muhr .

21 goals in 20 junior league games and played in the U17 Euros, looks a very talented boy we do lack quality young strikers. Him, Mondal and Chapman could do scary things together in the U21s.

I tell you what in all of this madness I think I would prefer to see Boro offer a 2 year contract to Rickie Lambert, do not think he has transferred away from Liverpool has ha?

He could help towards supporting Kike and Stauni surely and for a lot less hassle and price

If they had no desire to sell Rhodes, why would their manager be their last night?

As I say, yet again, more conflicting stories, indicating no one has a clue what's going on.

Agreed... Bowyer at the game has convinced me a deal to sign Rhodes is close. No point him being at the game if there wasn't a deal to be done.

VectorBoro retweeted

Ian Abrahams (Moose) ‏@BroadcastMoose 11 mins11 minutes ago

Looks like @OneRovers are set to lose Gestede to @AVFCOfficial & Rhodes to @Boro where does that leave Blackburn??

he wont be a lone striker though, he'll have downing or stuani playing off him/behind him. he wont be getting 80 yard long balls lumped in the air to him(br esq) all game. our striker wont be as isolated this season i reckon. we'll be dominating possession home and away more often so the lone lonely figure up front will not be a common site. if rhodes can run the channels and win the odd header he'll be absolutely fine upfront for us, like bamford was.

So the Venky`s would rather sell Gestede for about half the price of Rhodes and who is probably earning quite a bit less than Rhodes too? RoverAway might be able to answer this.. Wasn't Gestede the preferred option up front at times last season?.. I remember quite a few games last season thinking why is Rhodes on the bench that`s strange, Then he got back in the team and scored goals.

It doesn't make sense to me how it benefits Blackburn selling Gestede instead of Rhodes... I think they will sell both though.

Rhodes up front on his own was useless whilst Gestede was banging goals in for fun from counter attack crosses.

This is my big worry with spending £12m on Rhodes. He doesn't strike me as a lone striker and Rovers fans don't seem to think he can play here so why are we spending so much money on a player who will struggle to play the role we need him for.

4-5-1 is different to 4-2-3-1 though, our 3 will be, or should be, much closer to him, especially the #10, than any of the 5 in 4-5-1, as thats primarily 3 centre mids.

If they had no desire to sell Rhodes, why would their manager be their last night?

As I say, yet again, more conflicting stories, indicating no one has a clue what's going on.

Maybe just maybe as Barnsley is only up the road, he thought he would take the chance to watch a potential Championship winning team, to assess his own team strengths as possible contenders.

I think everyone is putting 2 and 2 together and making 5.

Its pure speculation in any event. The only news that matters is an announcement one way or another that the deal is done or is dead. As neither team has confirmed or denied this it would suggest its still on going.

Sick of all of this now, I would prefer it if we told Blackburn where to go and went on with our other targets. It is getting too close to the start of the season with too little progress (apparently) made in this deal in particular.