• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The fact that the venkys have now shown they are willing to sell assets (well at least Gestede) has given me more confidence that the rhodes deal will go through. I don't think it will happen overnight but it appears the right signals are now coming out. And as much as some brfc fans love to tell us how it is I doubt they know anything. Signals is the beat we are going to get until we either hear the deal has happened or is completely off, and I expect that to be a fairly sudden announcement

I know it may seem daft. But it seems all of our focus on has been on Rhodes. From a fans point of view it's frustrating we seem to be losing the battle again.

But...

I am reassured in knowing that the club will be working on other deals should this deal fall through. Who knows, we might have been working on another player from the minute that the Venkys rejected the deal.

Alot of the frustration is from not knowing what's going on though. Wish I could just wake up the day after transfer deadline day, I'd be leased stressed for sure!

Wonder if we are still really after Rhodes since he was told that first bid was rejected.

It's a little bit odd that a transfer saga lasting as long as this has been so quiet and neither party have confirmed negotiations are ongoing.

Imagine if we pulled a shock move off tomorrow for a megastar........

Watch this space ....

Anyone think out of the blue we might announce we are on the verge of signing a striker that isn't Rhodes for £X and we are all like..Never saw that coming... Or do you think we are going all out to sign Rhodes.

Anyone think out of the blue we might announce we are on the verge of signing a striker that isn't Rhodes for £X and we are all like..Never saw that coming... Or do you think we are going all out to sign Rhodes.

All out on Rhodes, there is a month left in the window though don't forget.

Initially I thought Rhodes was a smokescreen until he came out and said he wanted to talk to us. Now I don't have a clue who we might be after. Murphy has been and gone, possibly Lambert, Rhodes. Suppose we just have to sit back and wait and see. If nothing happens tomorrow at least there's a match on Saturday to go to before another long boring Sunday on the transfer front.

And what if they (Venkys) pull out of the deal 5 minutes to midnight?

Would our secondary target still be available? Would he want to come?

Would not put it past them. I would be happy if we left Rhodes now and went for Hooper.