• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We've had our pants down on Tomlin. Only think I can think of is that we wanted a quick sale without drawn out negotiations.

If you're not committed get rid and move forward. Last thing we want is him pulling a strop and potentially unsettling other players.

agreed that 3.5m is lower than expected - in the current market 5m would have been par.

But AK and the Club think it's enough for the team and finances so lets see what happens

I love Tomlin but if he wanted out/we wanted him out, he had to be gone.

Tomlin is a great player but he's got the ability for the Prem and given the chance he deserves it, just hope Jordan Rhodes or another attacker is imminent because I don't think we're short but we need something to forget about Tomlin leaving and get the mood back up.

On here our estimations of our players prices are far too high but £3 million plus £0.5 in add ons is far too low. I wouldn't have sold him for a penny less than £4.5 million guaranteed. We bid that amount for someone like Daryll Murphy so we're getting a bad deal here. This deal makes the price we're willing to pay for Rhodes even more ridoculous.

I'm going to miss him he had that bit of magic but writing was on the wall with Stuani Downing Adomah there's quality with a workrate to match. Going to cheer him on despite him playing with the penalty king himself.

Andujar would be a lift if that's truly imminent he's a step up on Dimi and would be brilliant especially at a 700k fee.

Disappointed ! One for letting Tomlin go , and two especially for £3million! I'm really gutted about it. And we really need some bodies in for Preston ! We Are looking weak in attacking areas .

so discounting strikers (as tomlin doesn't play there)

we have downing, reach, adomah, carayol, wildschut, nsue, fabreeze, possibly Forshaw and all the kdis... doesn't seem weak at all. tomlin was backup, we'll have a replacement lined up better for cheaper. have faith

We never seen Carayol last year , wildschut played about 2 games, nsue when he played was mostly RB very rarely in a attacking role and reach was in and out towards the end of last season and isn't good enough for me . I completely see what your saying but for me most of them aren't good enough for us which is what I meant when I said weak , there is lots of options but we need more high quality ones I feel Tomlin was one of our better attackers and we have lost him and been left with some poorer players .

But as you say I do think we will have someone lined up and hopefully sooner rather than later .

Heard you lot are after Tom Bradshaw from Walsall - anything your end?

This is an interesting one. Funny we are hearing from an unorthodox source - a Rover's fan. Thanks for the info.

The price is not that bad really, He never turned up for most games when we needed that bit of magic. Shined every now and then but is never consistant. He is a good player but I wouldn't say he was fantastic or that important

Had our pants down there like with 3.5m but if he's caused upset within the squad then he has to go either way.

On the up hand he wont be playing for a rival so its one less to come back and haunt us :P