oneBoro Forum

Transfer Window - Summer 2015

Do people really not think that Downing will score 10+ goals?

I'd put money on it that he will, easily.

Based on? Not like he gets in lots of goalscoring positions or ever has...how many goals did he score last season in number10?

• Replies 23.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm wondering if it's a genuine possibility that Aitor's going to stick Adomah LW again it's the only way of keeping Downing central with Stuani on the right swapping with Downing.

If I remember back to last season whenever he was put on the left he seemed to struggle being effective I guess it'd be a risk if that's the plan.

He's never been a goalscorer, all round play is excellent and he'll create. Doubt he'll get more than 7/8 goals, would be surprised if he got less than 15 or 16 assists especially when he's on set pieces now.

The more I see us chasing strikers the more I see us playing Stuani getting forwards and coming in from the wing to put away chances. Need someone who can do it on the left as Reach can be too defensive minded and Carayol seems to beat his man 9 times out of 10 (when he's having a good game) then drag his shot 2 yards wide of the near post 9 times out of 10.

I do think with Tomlin gone, a full pre-season in him and having surely now adapted to Karanka's playstyle, he'll get a chance to prove there's more to his game than pace, something I've always been unsure of.

Wildschut I can't comment on but he didn't seem effective in pre season. I doubt he's in karankas plans. Reach and carayol are both decent mid level championship players who might get better. But that won't get us promotion. We need more goals from our 3 behind the strikers and I don't see any of those 3 getting a tally worthy of autos.

I tend to agree here with you NB4 to me the whole left wing situation has not improved anywhere enough to be classed as a promotion wining team. We have all listened to the commentaries and not once did anything suggest that Wildschut, Reach and Carayol had come along leaps and bounds, yes there were snippets but not any "oh wow he really is going to be great next season"

Clearly the club want to be ruthless this time round and maybe the lw area is still our weakness :shy:

I'm wondering if it's a genuine possibility that Aitor's going to stick Adomah LW again it's the only way of keeping Downing central with Stuani on the right swapping with Downing.

If I remember back to last season whenever he was put on the left he seemed to struggle being effective I guess it'd be a risk if that's the plan.

Yeah I wouldn't be happy about that. I think as we are completely overhauling our attack, having a couple of constants would help with the gelling process. We can't afford to let points slip as people get used to new positions imo

Based on? Not like he gets in lots of goalscoring positions or ever has...how many goals did he score last season in number10?

Just a feeling, think he'll score more in the Championship, in fact I personally think he'll tear this league apart.

Just a feeling, think he'll score more in the Championship, in fact I personally think he'll tear this league apart.

Agreed. The vast majority of his career has been in the PL and there he's averaged about 6 or 7. He's had a new lease of life as a no. 10 and I think he'll get at least double figures in he championship. One thing about about Downing is he often beats his man and scores from range - and that's been in the PL. He'll year this league apart.

Does anyone else think Stuani's paperwork might have come through already, and the club are just waiting til the game approaches to announce it?

I'm all for us selling Tomlin but doesn't £3m seem cheap? Could've got around/over £5m imo. Doesn't seem like much haggling was done in the deal considering how quick it's been done.

Sorry to see Tomlin leave, was a match-winner on his day, but the move makes sense all around

Some of the abuse aimed at him is pathetic too, seemed like a sound guy

Those just reading the Bournemouth quote and not where he thanks Boro need to give their head a shake

Anyway, I don't think we "need" a LW, who we have are decent options, Muzzy in particular needs to show his worth this season